Author Topic: ITCHY PUP>>>IDEAS PLEASE  (Read 1602 times)

Offline rubyduby

ITCHY PUP>>>IDEAS PLEASE
« on: April 27, 2019, 09:24:54 AM »
Amber is 4 months old and for a while as been scratching, we did find the odd flea on her and put it down to that, but now she is clear , she is still doing it, usually one area of her tummy and one ear, (tho not always)ears have been clean and tummy has nothing to show, she has no marks/rash/red/spots/ anything , so cant understand what it could be, even a reaction should show something?????any ideas. She does spend time in the garden so poss an allergy to plants/pollen/grass? anyone know how allergies manifest themselves, she does not chew her lower legs or feet, but sometimes her upper back legs

Offline Toofast

Re: ITCHY PUP>>>IDEAS PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »
What are you feeding ?

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 01:00:58 PM »
My thoughts were about food too

Am sure someone will come along with better advice...but over the years folk have had some problems with there cockers and it has been food related, might be that Amber is allergic to something in her food.

I myself have had a couple of really bad weeks with my allergies so it could also be that.

Google dog shampoo and food for skin allergies (why mentioned shampoo it might help to bath her) just in case there are mites still around
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline lescef

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 02:24:12 PM »
Food type can be an issue. I've not used this but know people who have and recommend Stinky Stuff
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 06:38:25 PM »
I have just changed her food from Forthglade wet to puppy raw cubes, (she was scratching before the change) I have bathed her today with 'Derma ' shampoo, today so will see if any improvement

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »
I have the same trouble with Kez. usually from about mid August to November.
If you search on here you will find a lot of reply's.
I at first thought it was anything to do with anything "Pedigree" (now I apologise).  I have tried a lot of the suggestions on here but usually end up at the vet's on steroids.  (I try to avoid this).
Good luck.
regards from Julie & Kez