Author Topic: cbd oil  (Read 1678 times)

Offline k

• Site Member
cbd oil
« on: May 04, 2019, 06:41:05 PM »
Has anyone tried giving their dog cbd oil for stiff arthritic joints. I am trying tofind natural remedies....please seen my other post

Offline pam1

• Donator
Re: cbd oil
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:07:16 PM »
I haven't used it as yet, but am considering using it as my dogs get older. I have joined the Facebook group Simply CBD Users Support, which is very informative 😀
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 03:24:17 PM »
There is a good facebook group Canine Heath Concern - Natural Healthcare that has loads of tips on CBD Oil and also Golden Paste (Turmeric paste) that you might find useful.

Offline VET6691

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 11:58:09 AM »
I give my old boy CBD paste.   He has both arthritis and sundowners .   I am in the Facebook group Herbal Health Pets.   They are very knowledgeable.   There is a recipe for home made golden paste on there.   I think there is a lot of CBD oil on the market now that isn't the best quality, eg Holland and Barrett.   

There are two kinds of CBD, sativa and indica.   I get mine from The Original Alternative.   The green oil or paste (sativa) is the best for arthritis pain relief as it's also got good anti inflammatory properties.   I give my dog purple paste which is a mix of the two as it helps with his anxiety in the evening.

Another thing to consider is CBD should be introduced gradually, it doesn't work like a conventional drug and can take about three weeks to notice a difference.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Val

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »
Great and very useful information, thank you Val.  :D
Pam, Oliver and Bertie