Author Topic: Any views - ArthriAid Omega Liquid  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Any views - ArthriAid Omega Liquid
« on: July 30, 2019, 07:08:43 PM »
Ollie has had salmon oil-but looking to move to something else as he ages.

This is liquid and while my first thought was Yumove it comes in tablet form and Ollie might not tolerate them(upset tummy with things) with liquid I can adjust, this happened with the salmon oil, we had several days of mad dashes into the garden so I really cut back and after a tweak or two he was ok.

This ArthriAid does seem to have a few of the main things Yumove has.

While he is still active etc - I feel he sometimes starts to lag and I don't want to overstretch him and must admit I think heat in summer doesn't help....he has always been off when walking in warm weather since 5 -6 years old

Any thoughts please.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Barry H

Re: Any views - ArthriAid Omega Liquid
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 08:49:10 AM »
Well, if it helps at all, I have mild to moderate arthritis in both ankles and right knee.  I've tried ALL the supplements you can think of and nothing really helps except painkillers (ibuprofen).  Glucosamine and chondroitin were the first things I tried but found to be useless (confirmed by online research). 

If any of these supplements really worked (for dogs or humans), we'd know about it (in the same way that Dermacton really works for skin problems).

I regularly take hooman salmon oil caps 'cos it can't do any harm. Omega 3 is good for joints too and I've found it helps with the occasional eczema flare up (I use Aniforte Omega 3 salmon oil for Jack mainly to keep his skin/coat healthy and glossy)

As for whether the Arthri Aid will help Ollie, I've got to be true to form and be a sceptical old f*rt, though much depends on the dog (as it does with humans).  Personally, I'd save my money, continue with the salmon oil, take it easy and see how he goes.

Offline Statler

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:01:05 AM »
This is what ive used in the past with great results, easy to administer, they are just small pellets added to the dogs food. Tried most things but you will see a difference inside a week. Whilst no supplement is a match for proper medication over the past few years it certainly put a bounce back in their steps. it does come in various iterations to suit

Hope this helps

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_health/luposan/powder/73220?gclid=CjwKCAjw-ITqBRB7EiwAZ1c5U9TcuDTqPN2H0UdXVV0LyQsFXLzNic0Uq5ftKUow-ZR52n40Bvt4WBoCslEQAvD_BwE

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 01:01:16 PM »
My dogs have always had Yumove, with no ill-effects over about 9 or 10 years - 4 different dogs.  You may find that it's oils that upset him more than tablets, as adding oil/ fat to their diet often does this.

As an aside, while i can't ask my dogs whether the yumove helps, my mum takes i-move and it's definitely made a difference.  She has arthritis in her one hand and aside from her saying how much better it felt, you can visibly see the inflammation has gone.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 01:08:23 PM »
My OH and I both take turmeric daily and it really does help with our old bones  >:(
We give Ollie and Poppy turmeric sausages from the golden paste company, and they love them and they are still very active at 10 and 8

I've also heard that the joints supplement from Vince the Vet.  My two are on a couple of his supplements which are holistic.
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
Have you tried Golden Paste (turmeric, coconut oil and black pepper).  Start in very small doses.  There is a facebook group Turmeric User Group UK that has lots of dog advice on and also a suppliers list, or recipe for the Golden Paste.  Lots of people swear by it.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 07:46:58 PM »
Thank you for you thoughts....I myself did take turmeric paste and OH still does sadly it gave me heartburn.

I am going to google some suggestions, and also speak to a breeder I know.

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed