Author Topic: CBD oil  (Read 921 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
CBD oil
« on: May 05, 2022, 06:41:39 AM »
Hi, I read a couple of articles yesterday re the use of CBD (cannabis) oil for dogs and would like to ask if anyone has any experience or opinion on it please? The oil in question has virtually no THC, which is the substance that results in the „high“ associated with cannabis. and is available here as a nutritional Supplement for treatment of various conditions, especially pain and I‘ve been considering it to help Humphrey. Most of the things I‘ve read are positive but I wondered if there are any down sides that I should be aware of? I haven’t approached the vet yet, I imagine he‘d be reluctant to commit himself to be honest. Would welcome your thoughts!  :luv:

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: CBD oil
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 10:52:41 AM »
I used it on my previous precious  two dogs.  Stevie had dementia and her sister found it very stressful coping with her and her undog like behaviour.   I thought/hoped it would calm Marley down when Stevie was around and also ease Stevie’s symptoms.  Unfortunately it didn’t help at all.  Sorry to say this but maybe it works better for physical symptoms rather than psychological ones.  On a positive note, one of my friends uses it on her rescue dog and says it does help her.  I think it is worth trying on Humphrey as you may be lucky.   As dog owners we try anything that we think will help our pets.  I have spent a fortune on supplements that have had rave reviews only to find they didn’t work on my dogs.  I would do the same again though if there is a small chance of a product working.  :D
Max (GSP)  always in my heart