Author Topic: Dylan's bits  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Dylan's bits
« on: January 27, 2023, 02:33:37 PM »
Dylan had his six monthly check at the vet today, and the vet discovered he has one enlarged testicle and one atrophied testicle. So he is going to be castrated next week, poor soul . I will have them sent for histology in case it is cancerous. He's 7 years old. When grooming him every day I check his eyes, ears, teeth, paws, but have never thought to check his privates, just never occurred to me. Had a feel just now, and you can tell the difference. Fingers crossed it will turn out benign.
Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Dylan's bits
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 03:23:01 PM »
Oh dear, -sorry to hear that Lesley! Its not anything that would have ever occurred  to me to examine either to be honest, I wasn’t even aware of it as a condition, just googled it.
Humphrey sends lots of tail wags  to his cyber friend and wishes him a speedy recovery, we‘re both crossing all fingers and paws that the results of the tests are good, I‘m sure they‘ll be fine.
Sending lots of hugs to you both and an extra  tummy rub to dear Dylan.
 :luv: xxx
Jayne and Humph‘

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 08:45:51 PM »
I would never have thought to check the under carriage.  The benefit of a regular vet check is that they do check from top to toe.  Hoping the test result don't show anything sinister and his op go well.  Cuddles for Dylan. xx

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Re: Dylan's bits - histology update
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 05:23:18 PM »
Got the result today, it turned out to be a tumour, one in each testicle, called a seminoma. They said it was most probably benign, were unable to say that it wasn’t malignant. Apparently most tumours of the testicles  have high success rates of a cure if caught early enough, and removed, so I am really pleased he has a six monthly routine check, or I wouldn't have picked it up for ages.

Please everyone, CHECK THE BITS OF YOUR ENTIRE MALES REGUARLY!!!!!!! don't be shy 😉

Dylan is racing around like his usual self, so I shall just have to park it in the back of my mind, and reguarly check for lumps.
Feeling mostly relieved.
Lesley
P.S. he's insured with the Kennel club, and there have been no quibbles, so that's good.
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 06:19:08 PM »
Oh that sounds positive!  what a relief!
Glad to hear Dylan’s back to old self (well nearly, discounting the bits!  :lol2:)
 :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 08:28:41 PM »
That sounds positive, glad you had him checked, and that was found when it was.  Dylan really doesn't give a jot, and that is just ideal.  :luv: