Author Topic: Gemma is a poorly pup again  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Gemma is a poorly pup again
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2023, 09:02:52 PM »
Oh dear, sorry to read this, If you can't get fishpaste, Fish4Dogs make a mousse in different flavours (Trout, Salmon or Cod) that might hide the tablet smell/taste, although they may be too high in protein - 9.4% if not might be worth a go - postage is free any order, however small so you could just buy 1 packet of each if you think they would do the job.

https://www.fish4dogs.com/   you will find them listed under shop/dog/mousse and oil

Hoping Gemma feels better soon  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2023, 09:11:16 PM »
Ollie was on steriods tabs and they are small little white tabs, used to hide is tiny bit sausage at first, but when the steriods kick in his appetite increased and he was reminding me it was pill time every morning.

Years ago a vet told me princess paste salmon or meat.  While I understand the low fat diet, a wee piece bread with spread might help.  But the prednisol are small and just to add she will drink.

Hugs to Gemma

P.S the Fish 4 Dogs mouse would work fine but Sainsbury do have princess paste- was given some to try for Harry as freeby.

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2023, 11:16:28 PM »
thanks for the info people. Both her new tablets are tiny. They have gone down with a piece of chicken.. Her last anti bio was tonight and that went down along with her tramadol.  the vet would like me to try and also get the paracetamol down but that is a very big NO NO.   Shall get some fish paste  :020: :020: and give them another go.  If gemma doesn't like it i am sure i can give it to OH for his tea, he doesn't usually complain about what is on his plate  ph34r :005: :005: 
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2023, 08:36:03 AM »
Min.....again Ollie did on occasion have paracetamol and it was liquid not tablet.

Hope you find the paste ok and this morning finds Gemma improving
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »
 If gemma doesn't like it i am sure i can give it to OH for his tea, he doesn't usually complain about what is on his plate  ph34r :005: :005:

00 yummy fish paste and cucumber sandwiches, a treat indeed  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2023, 03:54:06 PM »
I pray I am not tempting fate
What a difference, half  a steroid and a tummy tablet  and a good night sleep. We were woke up by a tail wagging licky machine. Can not believe how brighter she is.   Really hoping the corner has been turned.  We are not got her on a low fat diet at this stage because the vet doesn't want her to stop eating now we have got her interested in food again. But we have stopped all treats and extras to help her.  I have ordered some special ones for  pancreatitis sufferers. They will be given instead at selected times. Fingers and paws crossed
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2023, 05:28:45 PM »
Thank heavens for that! So pleased for you. My friends cocker had pancreatiitis and McAdams wet food went down a treat.  Low fat and good quality.  I used to buy it for /daisy as an alternative to raw when we were away in the motor home.  Delighted to hear things are on the up.   https://mcadamspetfoods.com/en/dog/wet/free-range-turkey-garden-vegetables-for-dogs/

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2023, 05:42:48 PM »
Thank heavens for that! So pleased for you. My friends cocker had pancreatiitis and McAdams wet food went down a treat.  Low fat and good quality.  I used to buy it for /daisy as an alternative to raw when we were away in the motor home.  Delighted to hear things are on the up.   https://mcadamspetfoods.com/en/dog/wet/free-range-turkey-garden-vegetables-for-dogs/

Cheers, shall have a look. Can I ask, do you get firm Pooh's with  wet food. Sorry
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2023, 06:16:46 PM »
Aah good news indeed - hope the improvement continues  :luv: :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2023, 08:34:02 PM »

Cheers, shall have a look. Can I ask, do you get firm Pooh's with  wet food. Sorry

Yes, you should do.  Might take a day or two with a new food, but the ultimate picky madam, who would throw up at the least thing, had no issues with this, from either end. Daisy was fussy and not a foodie, so I was a bit shocked when she hoovered this first time.  :lol2:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2023, 05:53:15 AM »
That’s good news  :clapping:. A waggy tailed morning wake up call after they‘ve been poorly is like the sun coming out after a week of rain!  :luv: :luv:
Happy Sunday and  :bigarmhug: to Gemma!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2023, 05:49:54 PM »
Today went paddling in the river. Gemma has had terrible Pooh's since she became unwell and we have been unable to clean her back end because she would scream in pain. We had no idea where the painful place was because she would scream at random places on her body.  So up early this morning, armed with flannel and towel off we went to the river.  Great fun was had by all parties involved and as a result, one sparkling clean bottom and legs.  Tonight she has returned to her normal kibble so hopefully back to  firmm, pick up able Pooh's
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2023, 06:38:58 PM »
Today went paddling in the river. Gemma has had terrible Pooh's since she became unwell and we have been unable to clean her back end because she would scream in pain. We had no idea where the painful place was because she would scream at random places on her body.  So up early this morning, armed with flannel and towel off we went to the river.  Great fun was had by all parties involved and as a result, one sparkling clean bottom and legs.  Tonight she has returned to her normal kibble so hopefully back to  firmm, pick up able Pooh's

:lol2: :lol2: :luv: :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2023, 09:46:06 PM »
That’s brilliant  :lol2 well done.  I hope normal service will now be resumed  :luv xx

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2023, 10:01:20 AM »

That was a cunning plan! Healing wishes to Gemma.
Lesley
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo