Author Topic: Frontline and Drontal  (Read 8566 times)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Frontline and Drontal
« on: May 02, 2006, 01:53:33 PM »
Bailey has been frontlined this morning, he attracts fleas like dog poo attracts flies  ph34r :-\

He is needing wormed as well and I have some Drontal for this.  Can I give him this today also or should I wait a couple of days, let the Frontline to the business then worm him?  :huh:

I've done a search but didn't find anything conclusive.  I know it isn't advisable to overload a pup's immune system, but is it OK for both to be given together for an older dog?

Many thanks  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Re: Frontline and Drontal
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »
i think someone on here said ideally you should have a gap of 10 days.my vet said it was safe enough to worm and deflea on the same day but paddy did develop a nasty rash afterwards.i think he is allergic to frontline.we also used a different wormer.i have since left a 10 day gap between worming and any flea treatment.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 03:32:54 PM »
I have done both on the same day in the past and had no problems
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 03:50:48 PM »
I always do both on same day as it's easier for me to remember

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 04:59:41 PM »
I do both on the same day, and Dill suffered no ill effects

Petra

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 05:03:16 PM »
Frontline and Drontal. Same day. Adult dog. No problems encountered here either  :blink: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 06:28:08 PM »
Thanks folks.  I'm gonna do him tomorrow, I've run out of cheese and won't be able to get the tabs down without it!!  :-\ ::)

Offline nezzielou

• Limited Member
  • XX My ZoO Is Bk! XX
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 06:29:50 PM »
 >:D i had to do my house yesterday  £110 for everyone! i forgot to do my 'regular' and havent for a few months  :005: i know im naughty and i paid for it! frontline!  >:D ive always flea and wormed on same day as fleas can cause worms aparently according to my vet lol its that cycle thing  >:D :005:
Lv BeX n ZoO XxXx

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 10:39:54 PM »
Frontline and Drontal. Same day. Adult dog. No problems encountered here either  :blink: .
OK 2 days later and I'm eating my words.   :embarassed: Fern was 'Frontlined' this afternoon and 'Drontalled' just prior to her evening meal at 6pm. She's just thown up half her dinner all over the (new) carpet.   :huh:

Fern doesn't do sick. Does anyone know whether this years Drontal batch is any different from other years?   :-\ She'll be OK,  I'm not worried - just feel stupid posting the above the other day.
happydog

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 10:43:42 PM »
 :005:

I ended up worming Bailey last night, but I was up until after 1am with him.  He was as bright as a button and wanted his paws massaged!!!  :o ::)  Probaby just a coincidence, but he did my head in  >:D

Hope Fern is OK  ;)

Penel

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »
Personally I would never do them on the same day for reasons mentioned.  Also if they do have a reaction, you won't know which chemical they are reacting to.

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »
I always give Tilly her wormer in the morning as I find she is sometimes a bit "hyper" with it.  It's not so bad to cope with during the day, but once I was up half the night with her when she had her Drontal with her evening meal - never again!  She wasn't poorly, just wanted lots of attention, most unlike her.  Hope Fern is ok and bless Bailey - late night foot massage, that's the life  :005: :005:

Sue and Tilly

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »
Fern's fine. She's been a bit more clingy than usual (ie verrrrrry slowly & gently climbing on to my lap one foot at a time for a cuddle   ::)  ), but she'll be OK. Thanks for asking.

btw I found a shrivelled & dying tick   :o (which I was not aware of before) on her yesterday, which I have now removed after a touch of the vaseline treatment(thanks COL) . It was quite close to where I put the Frontline on her the day before, which must have finished it off , perhaps that was something to do with it? Funny I hadn't noticed it the day before though,  not like me.... :P
happydog

Offline loppylugs

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 12:58:32 AM »
My boy had a reaction to drontal a few weeks ago,he was so,so sick after giving it to him.He had drontal last year and was ok.

you havent lived till you,ve owned a cocker

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »
My boy had a reaction to drontal a few weeks ago,he was so,so sick after giving it to him.He had drontal last year and was ok.
May be this years batch IS different then. Fern has had Drontal since she was a pup and is now seven years old. She's never reacted badly to it before either. Problem is  as she only had it in her stomach for 4 and a half hours, she will probably now need dosing again  ::)  I will check with my vet first I think..
happydog