Author Topic: Frontline and Drontal  (Read 8568 times)

Penel

Re: Frontline and Drontal
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 10:46:30 AM »
So you use a different wormer then - Milbemax instead perhaps, or Panacur.

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 11:11:07 AM »
Frontline and Drontal. Same day. Adult dog. No problems encountered here either  :blink: .
OK 2 days later and I'm eating my words.   :embarassed: Fern was 'Frontlined' this afternoon and 'Drontalled' just prior to her evening meal at 6pm. She's just thown up half her dinner all over the (new) carpet.   :huh:

Fern doesn't do sick. Does anyone know whether this years Drontal batch is any different from other years?   :-\ She'll be OK,  I'm not worried - just feel stupid posting the above the other day.

Perhaps giving it to Fern just before her meal was the problem.....

I did all three of mine with both frontline and drontal the other day too ... dog ages from 5 months 1 year and 6 years old all three were fine...but I tend to do it late morning between meals ..I have  (touch wood ) never had a problem not even with the cats...
Some animals could be allergic to it the same as anything else....

I was told the other day that Frontline works only for about a month for ticks ...is that correct as they are my biggest bug bear...
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
Milbemax is great!!

We've used them all across both both dogs at some point and Milbemax is where we've settled.

No reaction - no sickness, no hyper-ness no anything!!

Even Hodge gets milbemax now and he's fine too!

Janey

Offline maximus

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
we tried max with drontal on friday for the first time, he had it mid morning, a few hours arter eating,  but was then sick about four hours later, does this mean he will need doing again?

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 01:09:54 PM »
x
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 09:18:45 PM »
Frontline and Drontal. Same day. Adult dog. No problems encountered here either  :blink: .
OK 2 days later and I'm eating my words.   :embarassed: Fern was 'Frontlined' this afternoon and 'Drontalled' just prior to her evening meal at 6pm. She's just thown up half her dinner all over the (new) carpet.   :huh:
Fern doesn't do sick. Does anyone know whether this years Drontal batch is any different from other years?   :-\ She'll be OK,  I'm not worried - just feel stupid posting the above the other day.
But, I have always given it to her just before her meal with no ill effects since she was a pup. That's why I am wondering whether this years batch is a slightly different composition  :-\
My boy had a reaction to drontal a few weeks ago,he was so,so sick after giving it to him.He had drontal last year and was ok.
we tried max with drontal on friday for the first time, he had it mid morning, a few hours arter eating,  but was then sick about four hours later, does this mean he will need doing again?
...and it seems I'm not the only one... :huh:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »
So you use a different wormer then - Milbemax instead perhaps, or Panacur.
I'll certainly be doing that Penel.
happydog

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 10:02:25 PM »
But, I have always given it to her just before her meal with no ill effects since she was a pup. That's why I am wondering whether this years batch is a slightly different composition  :-\
My boy had a reaction to drontal a few weeks ago,he was so,so sick after giving it to him.He had drontal last year and was ok.
...and it seems I'm not the only one... :huh:

I'd be inclined to ring their helpline ... maybe it is a faulty batch you never know, and should of been recalled, at least get your money back
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 07:25:54 AM »
I was told the other day that Frontline works only for about a month for ticks ...is that correct as they are my biggest bug bear...

The data sheet says it is effective against fleas for 8 weeks but only effective against ticks for 4 weeks/

I have always been told that as long as the tablets stay down for a couple of hours then it shouldn't need repeated.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 05:24:24 PM »
I've just checked with my vets. They have had no more reports 'than normal' about Drontal causing sickness, and tell me 'it happens sometimes'. Fern is OK now anyway so I'm not bothered. I think I'll try Millbemax next time even though the vet says it is more expensive. I dont think it will cost any more than having to dose her twice and clean up after her! I was told todays that the wormer will be effective providing they have kept it down for half an hour.
happydog

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 05:37:19 PM »
 :D

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 08:36:24 PM »
there not very exspensive  :-\ its normaly 1 tablet for a cocker and I bought 7 from our vets for about £7.50  ;) mabe my vets cheap  :005:
  :o I paid £6.50 for two Drontal!!!!!
happydog

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 08:45:47 PM »
there not very exspensive  :-\ its normaly 1 tablet for a cocker and I bought 7 from our vets for about £7.50  ;) mabe my vets cheap  :005:
  :o I paid £6.50 for two Drontal!!!!!

I pay £4.47 + VAT for 2 Drontol Plus tablets online (no prescription required), I have found 2 Milbemax tablets for £6.79 + VAT, but a prescription is needed, which I think are charged for by most vets? I did find a Vets practice website that was indroducing Milbemax as a new product to their clients - and stated that it was more economical than Drontol?

Molo has an iron constitution - he never seems to notice if hes been wormed or not , I certainly don't notice any change in his behaviour or health :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 11:24:46 PM »
x