Author Topic: Vet cannot find out what is wrong with Spud  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
Re: Vet cannot find out what is wrong with Spud
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »
I think localised infections would normally appear within 24-48 hours after a procedure - I suppose 3 days is not beyond the realms of possibility, but maybe unlikely. I think too that when we ask for procedures to be carried out, we do accept a certain degree of risk with them - infections can occur after the most sterile of procedures. No one can gove 100% guarantees all of the time and lets face it clearing out the anal glands is,by its very nature, not a "sterile" procedure.

I do not think there is anything to be gained by accusing the grooming parlour, especially if everything was generally satisfactory. I suppose you could always mention it in passing on the next visit, but it is probably just one of those things.

I suppose you now know what is wrong, and that must be a huge weight off your mind.
Yes ,this is true we are just so glad that it appears to be sorted now.
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2006, 09:00:14 PM »
I think localised infections would normally appear within 24-48 hours after a procedure - I suppose 3 days is not beyond the realms of possibility, but maybe unlikely. I think too that when we ask for procedures to be carried out, we do accept a certain degree of risk with them - infections can occur after the most sterile of procedures. No one can gove 100% guarantees all of the time and lets face it clearing out the anal glands is,by its very nature, not a "sterile" procedure.

I do not think there is anything to be gained by accusing the grooming parlour, especially if everything was generally satisfactory. I suppose you could always mention it in passing on the next visit, but it is probably just one of those things.

I suppose you now know what is wrong, and that must be a huge weight off your mind.

A voice of reason :)

I hope Spud is now on the road to recovery and theres no lasting damage
Caroline and Alfie

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2006, 11:31:48 PM »
just found this thread. I hope all is going well for poor Spud.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 10:31:51 AM »
Glad to hear things seem to be improving, it must've been a really worrying few days for you all.

Bella's anal glands once got infected after being emptied at the vet's under strictly hygenic conditions (she was scooting again within 24 hours, gave them a squeeze and thick yellow stuff came out but was easily sorted with antibiotics and no problems since then). The vet said it can be common if they've been quite full that after emptying, they get inflamed and then infected, not necessarily to do with hygene.

Anyway keep us posted on his progress, poor boy...
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 11:02:55 AM »

A voice of reason :)

I hope Spud is now on the road to recovery and theres no lasting damage

I agree with Caroline;I'm glad Spud seems to be on the mend now.
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)