Author Topic: Hurley's leg......  (Read 2676 times)

Offline PennyB

Re: Hurley's leg......
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 10:47:37 PM »
Has anyone mentioned doing any hydrotherapy with him.

I sometimes go with Wilf to a pool with a hovawort(sp? but he's a huge lumux of a dog) who's only a youngster and has cruxiate problems and elbow dysplasia. Its a great therapy for dogs and can really make a difference to their lives and some of the cost is covered by insurance
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 10:03:14 AM »
Has anyone mentioned doing any hydrotherapy with him.

I sometimes go with Wilf to a pool with a hovawort(sp? but he's a huge lumux of a dog) who's only a youngster and has cruxiate problems and elbow dysplasia. Its a great therapy for dogs and can really make a difference to their lives and some of the cost is covered by insurance

Hi Penny

Yes, the vet has reccomended that once he has had his op he should have some hydrotherapy to help build up the muscles and ligaments.
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline PennyB

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 12:52:46 PM »
With some things you can actually avoid having surgery by doing hydrotherapy
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 05:19:10 PM »
Hi Caroline

I've been off-line for the best part of a week so missed all this.  Was it Harry you went to see? 
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 05:45:56 PM »
Hi Sarah

Yes, it was Harry we went to see - Hurley spent the day with him at Cedars where they x rayed him and checked out his leg and came to the above mentioned conclusion that those are the steps that are needed to at least try and attempt to put it right!

Cx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 05:48:50 PM »
Well as I said to you on the golf course if anyone can sort it Harry can  ;)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 05:50:15 PM »
Hi Penny

Yes, the vet has reccomended that once he has had his op he should have some hydrotherapy to help build up the muscles and ligaments.

In that case Hurley'll be swimming in the same place as Daisy - we'll see you there  ;)

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 05:56:13 PM »
I really hope so - he's lying on the floor here completely oblivious to any trouble he's causing!! i have my fingers crossed now that the insurance will cover it otherwise its gonna be cheap xmas presents all round!

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »
Poor you and poor little Hurley pup. So sorry he is having a problem with his leg. He is a luck boy to have such a loving fur parents. Give him a gentle squidge from us.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline maxine

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »
Although i have done it back to front and read and replied to this second, id like to say that taking 3 months to refer you is terrible, my vet referred me after 3 weeks of knowing that something was wrong with Harvey and we were sent for an MRI within the same week or we would still be waiting now.

My vet has been fantastic and done everything for me including sorting out insurance, it was £1500 for MRI and now its another £1500+ for op plus the bill at the vets from consultations. I would not have been able to pay any of this if he hadnt been insured and i too am insured by marks and spencers. I would have had to take out a loan or something just to pay for that, plus i suppose there is going to be veterinary aftercare to think of too as its a 12 week recovery.

As for bouncing off the walls, Harvey wont get out of his bed and has put himself on rest which i am greatful for. you could make up stuffed kongs with meat and biscuits, and put them in the freezer, let them freeze and then give them to him, put his favourites in it and he will love it.

Again Good luck and thinking of you both too

Maxine and Harvey (again)

xx