Author Topic: worm  (Read 840 times)

Offline kalami

• Site Member
worm
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »
Puppy was wormed regularily by the breeder and we gave her her a worming tablet on thursday, yet today passed a worm approx 3cm long. Do we need to give her another tablet or will her last tablet cover her?
Thanks

Cazzie

Re: worm
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:52:27 AM »
Worming has to be done at the correct intervals other wise it doesnt work correctly, I would have a word with the vet and check that the intervals you are worming are correct  ;)

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:11:22 PM »
i would certainly do as Cazie suggests and check with the vet but if the tablet was a prescription wormer ie drontal, milbemax etc then provided the correct dose was given you should not need to repeat it within a week, sadly this is not true for non prescription wormers as their efficacy seems to vary more. Lucy's breeder used a chocolate worming syrup that was next to useless in my opinion. 

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »
natural option is garlic but if you know she has worms then commercial wormer would be my choice.

Cazzie

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:06:28 PM »
natural option is garlic but if you know she has worms then commercial wormer would be my choice.

Garlic :-\ wouldnt rely on that for efficiency, Id speak to my vet  ;)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »

Garlic :-\ wouldnt rely on that for efficiency, Id speak to my vet  ;)

I agree and tbh i wouldn't worm with any over the counter wormers I'd always get drontal or milbermax etc (hmmm must check calendar for my lot)

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 07:45:48 PM »
hi, thanks all.
it was a prescription wormer given to use by the vet.
We've had lots of poo's since i last wrote but no worms to be seen - neighbours must think we're mad every time shes poo'ed we've both run over to have a look