Author Topic: Floyd is acting strange! Update please help!!  (Read 8519 times)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Floyd is acting strange! Update please help!!
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »
glad floyd is feeling better  :luv: poor little baby
now you need to sort you out  ;)...i agree with everybody you need to find another job
i went through a similar experience with a boss who was a bully... i loved my job and the people i worked with and did whatever was asked of me ...until  one day i had to ask for a favour back and my god did her attitude change...so from then on i started to say no to the extra that was asked of me and i have to say she got 10 times worse...i eventually couldnt stand anymore and after one snide remark too many i turned tail and walked out...after 5 years of working for the company i never went back
i raised a formal complaint against her within the company and 1 by 1 other people did the same....she eventually got the sack
i realised i didnt need the stress of working for a large company with targets to meet and them expecting you to live and breathe work and i didnt realise how stressed i was until i walked out and stopped doing the job  ;).... so i now do something completly different ... i do a  cleaning job 6 mornings a week 2/3 hours a day and do a bar job for 1 night ... i have to say i am so so much happier,there is no traveling...5 min walk down the road,there is no one there when i go to work ,i let myself in and let myself out ,i can go what ever time i want as long as i do my hours, so i go early and im finished at 9.30am so the rest of the day is mine to spend with my doggie and kids...when they are at home :D
ok the money is only a third of what i used to earn but i decided life is too short to get stressed about work
hope floyd continues to improve  :luv:

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »
I agree life is to short to stress about work  :D

I havnt spoken to my boss today and she hasnt once asked me how Floyd is  >:D which makes me more angry to be honest. I would like to sit down with her and tell her how I feel because I get no support from her at all im having trouble with one of my colleags that I am senior of and she's only on a probation period and it's taking alot of my time up sorting her out but I get no support there either  >:D She wont be getting any more extras out of me it's a shame because I really like working for the company but she is a nightmare.  >:D
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline LesleyW

• Site Member
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »
I agree life is to short to stress about work  :D

I havnt spoken to my boss today and she hasnt once asked me how Floyd is  >:D which makes me more angry to be honest. I would like to sit down with her and tell her how I feel because I get no support from her at all im having trouble with one of my colleags that I am senior of and she's only on a probation period and it's taking alot of my time up sorting her out but I get no support there either  >:D She wont be getting any more extras out of me it's a shame because I really like working for the company but she is a nightmare.  >:D

she sounds like a nightmare, and no man-manager to speak of! 

Most companies though, should have a higher management authority to whom you can address a complaint (over her head, so to speak) does yours not do this?

I work for a government agency, and although the money is no great shakes, i have to say its a nice place to work, the people are great and the policies and processes are sound!  The people all care about each other and complaints and niggles get dealt with. :)

Maybe you really should look around for something else??

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2007, 10:44:49 PM »
 ;) How's Floyd been today Gemma ? Any news ?
Hope everything's ok ?
Jann ;)

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2007, 08:16:53 AM »
Floyd is much better still a bit sulky  ::) but he's getting there it's such a relief  :D

Now I have to decide what im going to feed him will start a thread on feeding  :005:
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'