Author Topic: Piper having X-Ray  (Read 6178 times)

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« on: May 19, 2004, 07:43:59 PM »
 Just back from the vets where I had taken Piper to have her left hind leg checked.  Around Easter time we had noticed the occasional limp but then of late she has a definite limp and when she runs she tens to hop more on her back legs than run, also yesterday and today she is extending her left leg at a slight angle and not placing an equal amount of weight on it   and we definitely were not happy about that.  I checked her paw and between the pads and felt all the way up her legs which did not seem to bother her at all before going to the vet.

Anyway, I waited to see the vet I trust the most (I think he's fantastic  :D ) and he gave her a good check up - doing all sorts to her legs and hips - and found that her left leg was indeed causing her some discomfort  - my harmless little girl even managed a growl bless her....

He thought that it could be a 'dislocating knee cap' (think that's what he said) but when he checked her he said her knee cap was solid. He advised us that the pain is coming from either her knee or her hip and he is not entirely sure which but is definitely not happy about a dog of her age with these symptoms.  We have to wait until next Wednesday to have her X-ray but I will keep everyone posted.

I'm very confident in my vet and have every faith in him and at the end of the day the last thing I want is for Piper to be in any discomfort - much better to have a look and get whatever it is sorted out.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of whether her parents were hip scored so that is my primary worry, but at the end of the day we will simply deal with whatever the problem is and move on.

Fingers crossed and bless poor Piper                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 07:48:14 PM »
Awwww, poor Piper :(  I hope its nothing too serious. Will be thinking of her on Wednesday :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 08:15:41 PM »
Oh, no, another cocker giving her mum cause to worry  :?   I hope it's nothing serious.  Will be thinking of you both on Wednesday.  Morgan and Cooper send Piper lots of sloppy get well kisses                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 08:26:34 PM »
Many thanks Gill and Shirley - I will be sure to pass on all of those sloppy kisses to Piper from her friends  :D

Shirley - dunno if it's only me that can see it but have you noticed those big yellow boxes that have suddenly started appearing on your posts today  :shock:  :shock:                    

Offline PennyB

Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 08:47:56 PM »
Many thanks Gill and Shirley - I will be sure to pass on all of those sloppy kisses to Piper from her friends  :D  

Shirley - dunno if it's only me that can see it but have you noticed those big yellow boxes that have suddenly started appearing on your posts today  :shock:  :shock:

No its not just you there's a swarm of them :lol: Good luck with the X-ray. A friend's cav has recently been operated on for a dislocating knee cap, but it really did keep on dislocating quite considerably and she could hardly walk until it popped back in.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 09:21:24 PM »
:( Ohhh noo Louise, sorry to hear this!  I hope all goes well with the xray, Indie also sends Piper a big huggie snuggie kiss!

I can't see any yellow boxes, Shirley :?                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 09:37:28 PM »
Awww poor Piper  :?  hope you get on OK on Wednesday  :wink:                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 09:52:11 PM »
Good luck with the x ray on wednesday Piper, Boo sends a big

Feel better soon Piper.                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 10:35:54 PM »
There was some kind of glitch with Shirley's emoticon provider, the yellow boxes were ENORMOUS  :lol:

It's a shame you have to wait a whole week for the x-ray - try not to worry, I hope that it turns out to be something that can be sorted easily enough and that Piper will be fine :wink:                    

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 10:48:53 PM »
Pickle also sends hugs and kisses to wee Piper - we hope she's much better soon, poor lamb.
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 06:26:15 AM »
It's a shame you have to wait a whole week for the x-ray - try not to worry, I hope that it turns out to be something that can be sorted easily enough and that Piper will be fine :wink:

I agree Mike, it's awful having to wait a week before we find out what's going on but the vet only works at the practise we use on a Wednesday and Thursday and there is no way he could fit her in today (I asked).  I made the decision to wait so that it would be him who does the x-ray.  He performed miracles with one of our cats who was quite ill some time ago and it stems from there really  :D

Hubby keeps saying that I fancy him - but I don't ....... honest  :wink:

Thanks so much for all of the sloppy kisses and good wishes for Piper.  I'll keep you posted.

Louise
x                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 08:58:50 AM »
Hi Louise, i hope all goes well with little Piper on Wednesday.

((( hugs ))) and kisses for little Piper                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

scoobie

Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 09:16:01 AM »
Ah..poor little piper :cry:
good luck for next week
Loads of love and kisses
Edith and scoobie xx :o  :o  :o                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 09:16:50 AM »
Oh Louise, poor little Piper :(  I hope it is nothing to serious.

Billy sends kisses

Michelle                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Piper having X-Ray
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 09:27:06 AM »
Poorly little Piper :(  Hope she's ok. Let us know how you get on with her.                    
Anita