Author Topic: Woofalumps lump  (Read 727 times)

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
Woofalumps lump
« on: August 19, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
Woofie is 9 and has a few fatty lumps that the vet said just to keep an eye on (he had one remove about 18 months ago whilst he had surgery for something else and it was benign).

He has had a little lump in the corner of his eyelid for about 2 years, again the vet said to keep an eye on it, it has slowly grown and is now about 4mm wide, it is not bothered him at all until last night.  Just as we were sitting down to a chinese takeaway I noticed that he had got blood all down his face and he had somehow caught/scratched it.

We cleaned him up with antiseptic wipes and cream and managed to stop him from scratching it again and it appears fine this morning.

I have talked to the nurse at the vets this morning and booked an appointment for Saturday.

Will the Vet want to remove it? I want to do what is best for Woofie but the thought of him having a general anaesthetic worries me. What do you think I should do?

Pictures attached but not very good.

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
Re: Woofalumps lump
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 10:58:18 AM »
I've had a similar problem with my golden girl. The first time we have it removed but it keeps coming back and at her age (12years) I am reluctant to keep having her put under. It is not affecting her so we are just living with it but keeping a close eye (well two actually) of developments.

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 11:16:17 AM »
Harry, who is 14, had a similar one on the end of his nose and until January this year it didn't bother him but it then started to bleed when he knocked it (mainly when he used the dog flap) and he had it removed under general anaesthetic; there were no adverse effects.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »
Back from the Vets, unfortunately our vet has gone back to South Africa for a month and the locum had a heavy accent and wasn't too easy to understand.

A bit of the lump on his eye that he knocked has dried up and fallen off.  She said to watch the lump to see if it regrows.  When we go back in November for the annual booster to talk to our regular vet and decide whether to have it taken off or not.  She said that with him being 9 it was best for him to have a general anaesthetic now than when he is a couple of years older.

(The good news was that he has lost another kg and only has 2kg to go to reach the target of 18kg)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »
Glad the vet didn't seem overly concerned Lisa, hope it doesn't come back

(The good news was that he has lost another kg and only has 2kg to go to reach the target of 18kg)

Just HOW BIG was that lump that fell off  :shades:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1:

Not that big obviously  :005:

There is still a little lump left - it is not causing any problem to the eye itself but if it gets bigger again there is the chance that it will keep getting knocked and bleeding again.

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »
Freddy my late Westie had a little lump on his eyelid. The vets said to just keep an eye on it. I don't think they really wanted to operate as he was 14/15 years at the time. He died this time last year (of old age), and for the couple of years he had it, it didn't seem to give him any trouble at all.