Author Topic: Louis got a sore ear again!!  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Louis got a sore ear again!!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 07:31:06 PM »
Hi everyone

I ordered some thornit on Tuesday night and it came this morning(friday)
I'am really impressed by there efficiency and they enclosed a little leaflet all about ears. :lol:  :lol:  Thanks for putting me in touch with the suppliers they seem really good!  Hopefully it will be bye,bye sore ears for Louis from now on :lol:  :lol:

Gemma&Louis                    

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 10:15:47 PM »
We also use thornit on Jessie as a preventitive measure every 8 weeks or so...NO EAR INFECTIONS ever here  :lol:
Janey and Jessie                    

Offline marie_231

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2004, 02:42:41 PM »
oh this is deja vue , i am a  new cocker owner , i recently took benson to the vets for his 2nd vaccine and was told he needed ear drops because his ears were really waxy and it could turn yeasty , up untill then he had shown no signs of being itchy or in discomfort and i had been cleaning his outer ears every few days , i have also been told to take him back for another appointment in 10 days , think i may give thornit a try                    

scoobie

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2004, 03:48:13 PM »
Hi Maria
poor little Benson hope he's ok and yes I would definately get some thornit which you can use as a preventative measure every 6-8 weeks it's really good stuff
Edith :D                    

Offline Louis

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »
Hi Marie

After all the drops that I have had off the vet for Louis, nothing has worked long term.  This is why I'am going to try thornit, and I will be very reluctant to take Louis back to the vets regarding his ears.  I feel I have spent lots of money on drops which haven't really worked.  My vet also sold me drops to help reduce the wax in his ears!!  I wouldn't use that now as I feel that I just want to leave them alone, a small amount of wax is natural, and if it builds up I just use cotton wool and warm water and this cleans them better than any drops the vet has given me.  Hope Bensons ears are ok.

Gemma&Louis                    

Offline Katherine

• Site Member
    • http://www.howellsdesign.co.uk/katherine//
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 06:47:41 PM »
Barnaby had ear infections in both ears for months and the vet kept giving us drops and telling us to wash them out. I was reccomended Thornit from here and it worked perfectly. We washed them out with some special liquid and then put the thornit in, it drys them out and stops them from getting infected, the drops just make them wetter. In a few weeks of this his ears were completely clean and uninfected, the vet said they were the cleanest ears they had ever seen! I'd get some thornit, trust me it really DOES work! :D                    
Katherine and Barnaby

Offline Louis

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2004, 07:22:34 PM »
Thanks for that Katherine, good to hear another successful thornit story, Louis finished his drops from the vets last week and I put some thornit in last night, his ears look lovely and clean and nice and dry and that thornit smells of TCP, which is better than the dodgy waxy smell!  Hopefully he wont get any more ear infections, thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Gemma&Louis