Author Topic: Limp  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Limp
« on: June 01, 2004, 09:33:38 PM »
Jessie has developed a limp on her front right paw we think. Its been happening for a few days now but tonight it seems to be seizing up a lot and she is struggling to walk properly.

If its still bad tomorrow We will take her to the vet.

Can you feed your dog anything for it in the meantime....maybe human medication ????

Shes happy in herself and wagging her tail and playing with her toys etc but shes just struggling to walk right....

any advice............. :o                    

Offline PennyB

Limp
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 10:45:52 PM »
I'd just rest her and may be only lead walks (which a vet might advise anyway—mine did for Ruby when she did similar). No medication though unless vet prescribes it (Ruby wasn't given anything as it cleared up with rest)                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Snoop Doggie

• Site Member
Limp
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 10:10:43 PM »
We thought she had cleared up tonight but its started again. It seems to flare up after shes slept and not moved her legs for a while ?????                    

Offline PennyB

Limp
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 11:49:04 PM »
May still be worth seeing the vet about if you're worried and see what they say                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Limp
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 10:16:35 AM »
Lottie developed a limp a couple of weeks back (front leg too).

I didn't walk her much for a day or two and it seemed to pass.  It was much worse after she'd been sleeping, obviously just stiffened up when asleep but improved the more mobile she became.  I did notice that her walking improved when she was distracted by things like food :roll:  :wink:

If you cannot see a problem, she may just have taken a knock and be bruised.  I assumed that's what was wrong with Lottie and she's perfectly OK now.

Obviously, if you are concerned pay a visit to the vets to put your mind at ease.  Good luck :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Limp
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 10:19:51 PM »
Hi there
Jessies limp got worse yesterday so off to the vets we went. Apparently she has a swollen gland on her left shoulder which indicates a problem somewhere in her left leg/paw. She was very brave and endured lots of poking and squeezing and the vet thought its to do withher left paw but couldnt see anything obvious. So an antibiotic jab was given to stop any further infection along with a painkiller as she seemed to hurt as she walked. £30 later we brought her home and the limp is slowly going away!
No off lead walks this wkend though...she will be a bit sad about that!
Jane and limpalotJessie                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Limp
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 09:50:16 PM »
That's good that it seems sorted now, looks like you done the right thing taking her :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x