Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 874 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Is this normal?
« on: June 02, 2004, 11:05:18 PM »
Jazz has been acting a little different today, on sunday we took her for a walk, and two male dogs were very interest in her, follwoing and smelling her more than normal. A great big golden looked like he was trying to mount her, she just lay down.

Since then i have been closely watching her, and looking at her bits, there is no swelling, or enlargement of nipples etc...

Today she tried to have a poo, and a bit was still hanging out from her bum, and i haven't heard such a racket. she was screaming, and crying...and couldn't walk properly, i panicked and when i picked her up i noiced it hanging there, so i pulled it out ...yuck... and she stopped crying.

Tonight, she has been walking around all night, with a bit of chew in her mouht, not acutally chewing, but hasn't stopping winning all night, even when on my lap, or doing anything.  she just jumped up on my lap and sat looking at me crying really loudly. I examined her behind area, and pressed it gently to see if it was tender for her, but she didn't seem bothered...

I don't know if i am worrying about nothing, i don't like to hear her crying so much.

shes just turned 6 months, and thought it was unlikely she about to come into season.

any advice appreciated.

Cathy                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 11:24:41 PM »
Sounds like Jazz might have blocked anal glands maybe? Other dogs can find this scent intriguing & some do get confused & think the smell might be a bitch in season. It's worth getting this checked out anyway & your vet could even show you how to empty the glands yourself should this be necessary in future (lovely job :lol:)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline PennyB

Is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 11:45:55 PM »
I've had this problem with mine and was also told by the vet that blocked anal glands can attract a lot of attention from other dogs. Confused the hell out of me the 1st time as I thought Ruby was going through a 'quiet' season.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!