Author Topic: Chloes' Vet Visit  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Chloes' Vet Visit
« on: June 03, 2004, 09:08:48 AM »
Ok.  How stupid do I feel? :oops:  :oops:   Chloe went for her appointment for the bad foot yesterday.  The growth that I could see turned out to be a skin infection.  What I saw and thought was a growth, was just skin that was really puffed out due to the chewing and infection.  What a complete ass :oops:  She also has infected anal glands again :(   I am so at my wits end with this problem.  I have tried the bran and that seems to work for a while.  The vet says her being overweight doesn't help but I do not overfeed her and I cannot excercise her too much as the long term damage to her lungs from the AIHA means she cannot walk too far without getting breathless and then I have to carry her home.!!  I am so reluctant to opt for the anal gland removal operation because my vet only wants to use it as an absolute last resort.  Anyway, Chloe has antirobe pills for both foot and butt and is now sporting this seasons lovely lampshade collar.  She is not at all impressed at being the height of fashion and is in a major sulk. :D  :D                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 11:18:27 AM »
Poor wee Chloe! Not much I can say to help, but please give her a big Cocker cuddle from us  :D
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 11:27:28 AM »
Give Chloe a cuddle from me.

And hey dont be so hard on yourself over the foot, these things happen, So a hug for you (((hug)))

Look after yourselves

suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 12:29:50 PM »
Ahhh, bless poor little Chloe  :(

I hope she's feeling much better very soon.

Cocker licks and cuddles,

Louise                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 09:34:02 PM »
Hi Sheryl,
Like the others have said, don't beat yourself up over feeling stupid. Far better that you noticed something even if it wasn't what you thought.

What about taking Chloe swimming. That way she could get a good amount of exercise but it would be non weight bearing  :?:                    

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 09:15:35 AM »
Swimming?  Never thought of that but do I have the only spaniels that don't like water?  Chloe will stand at the edge of a loch and get her toes wet and no more.  She is like one of those cartoons, you know where they pick up their skirts to paddle?  What if I carried her out and then let her swim back?  Is that cruel?  I know she can swim but she doesn't :)  If not, is there a way to get dogs used to swimming?  Again I have to be careful because any stress can trigger a AIHA attack so I have to make it fun for her.                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 09:25:24 AM »
Gunnar also hated going into the water - unless he could see the bottom.

But saying that he was happy in the sea and would swim quite happily.

Worth a try?

Suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline PennyB

Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 10:32:29 AM »
Have you thought about taking her to a hydrotherapy pool if there's one nearby. Someone goes in the water with the dog and the dog has a bouyancy aid on them anyway. You often have to get a referral from your vet.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 12:27:34 PM »
hi Sheryl,

No, you are not the only Cocker owner that has one that does not like water - exactly the same 'lift skirt and paddle' situation going on here in Wigan  :shock:

Since Piper was diagnosed last week with HD (and also because she needs to lose some more weight) one of the things I have been looking into is Canine hydrotherapy and I have attached a link that explains a little about it and also has links to centres throughout the UK:
http://www.k9hydrotherapy.co.uk/

Good luck with Chloe.

Louise                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

scoobie

Chloes' Vet Visit
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 01:05:30 PM »
Sheryl my cocker also doesn't like the water :D he doesn't like getting wet in the rain :wink: when we do get caught in the rain he runs around the house like taz(the tazmanian devil) :wink: same when he gets a bath but he doesn't behave like taz at the groomers reminds me a bit when my kids were little well behaved when out and little devils in the house :wink:
Hope chloe feels better soon
Edith