Author Topic: worming  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
worming
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:54:05 PM »
I just wondered if anyone has used Milbemax worming tablets.  :?

Hubby went to the vets for Drontel which wev'e always used, and he was told thev'e changed to Milbemax because there much better.

Ive never heard of them, and i'm a bit reluctant to use them,  weve never had a problem with Drontel.  :?                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
worming
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 06:25:24 PM »
Sorry I've never heard of them either - always used Drontal Plus and Drontal Puppy Liquid! :o                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
worming
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 07:03:24 PM »
Hi Barb,

We changed over to Milbemax too :roll:  I think the main advantage was in the cats tablets as they are much smaller than Drontal. When the boys were last wormed a couple of months ago, I had to use the Milbemax and I had no adverse effects with it.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
worming
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 07:16:24 PM »
Thanks a lot  Gill, thats all i wanted to know.  :D Thats made me feel a lot better, i 'll give them to her  in the morning. :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
worming
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 08:58:56 AM »
Yep, where I work we have had a lot of people in looking for Drontal as that's what they had before. I've used Milbemax on Indie, and he was 100% fine with it, no looseness which he used to get when wormed.

They are a broad spectrum wormer which means they should be better and cover more types of worms.

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline PennyB

worming
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 09:17:15 AM »
Hi Barb,

We changed over to Milbemax too :roll:  I think the main advantage was in the cats tablets as they are much smaller than Drontal. When the boys were last wormed a couple of months ago, I had to use the Milbemax and I had no adverse effects with it.

Same here and they were a godsend as far as size was concerned as it was becoming increasingly difficult to worm the feline mischief makers in our house.

Only thing is you have to be careful if you also use stronghold as a flea treatment as you may end up overdosing with wormer.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!