Author Topic: devastated ;-(....UPDATE Pg 5, HAVE HEARD FROM THE VETS....shes now home!  (Read 8633 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: devastated ;-(
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
Such a shame  :'(

But as others have said this needs sorting. Anaesthetics are much safer these days and just think how much better she will be.

It is distressing for us when our pets have to have an op but you have to try and not pass this on to her.

Gypsy will be fine.  :bigarmhug: for you.

I agree - they cope with this stuff much better than we do.  Main thing is to get it sorted asap and they she will be on the road to recovery and your problem will be how on earth to keep her quiet while she recovers!  :shades: :005:

Good luck tomorrow. :bigarmhug:
Julie and Watson

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »
Oh no, poor little baby! I can sympathise so much with both of you because Jonny had the same operation a couple of years ago. I have to say it was a very stressful time for both of us :( His poor tail became necrotic at the tip after it had been injured by too enthusiastic wagging against furniture, radiators etc. The vet removed about five inches (probably a similar ratio of tail to what wee Gypsy has to lose). He's absolutely fine now and doesn't seem to miss it.

I'm sure Gypsy will come through it all just fine. As others have said, the anaesthetics are so much lighter these days. And in the end she'll have a dear little tail that you'll hardly see the difference.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline karen488

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
Cockers never used to have tails. It's all for the right reason. She will be fine. X

Offline sands

• My pretty girls!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
Poor Gypsy and poor you too!   

Sure all will be well for her.  ;)

Will be thinking about you both   :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Wee Benji boy 10/2/1994 - 8/10/2009
Sweet dreams my wee man

Life's too short to worry about muddy paws!

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Gypsy for tomorrow.  Positive and healing thoughts are on their way .

Take care,

Love,

Gwyneth  Colin  and  Megan  XXX
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
Sending both you and Gypsey lots of healing  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: and  :luv: :luv: for tomorrow

Offline fionad

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »
If it's any help. my darling Zara had a knee op at 20 weeks, She weighed just 5 pounds at the time. I was terrified but she was fine after a little while,

I know you will worry yourself sick until you have her back in your arms. Big hugs to you and focus on her recovery.

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »
Oh poor Gypsy  :bigarmhug: and poor you :bigarmhug: it is so upsetting for you both......but the alternative could be very much worse :o I have no experience of anaesthetics in pups but i have in new borns (babies), they are given the minimum, and have never been safer(although not without risk),and recover so quickly :angel: i'm sure Gypsy will be back to normal in no time ;) Sending lots of positive vibes,and prayers,her way :-*

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 07:56:30 PM »
:bigarmhug:
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
thanks guys.....i know its for the best and i knew i could rely on you lot to make me feel a little better  :luv:

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 07:59:44 PM »
Ebonygirl don't worry she will be fine as the others have said it will be a quick operation :luv: the vets wouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary.
Big  :bigarmhug: for you and little  :-* for gypsy good luck for tommorrow. x x x  love Dianne

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:'s for you and Gypsy..... will be thinking of you tomorrow.  I can imagine how hard it is for you right now, but this time tomorrow I'm sure it will all be sorted and your girl will be back home with you enjoying very special snuggles with you... Sending lots of positive vibes for Gypsy for a speedy recovery  :luv: :luv: :luv:
xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
Poor little pupster :'(  But, can I just say that Odie had about an inch off his tail when he was only weeks old, due (apparently) to a littermate damaging it.  It unfortunately has a hook still at the end which was really noticeable until he was around 7 months old.  However, when his feathering appeared, it was NOT noticeable at all, his tail is just a little shorter than a full tail and it certainly causes him no problems ;)  Good luck!  Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 08:06:56 PM »
Tali was put out for the grass seed the other day. He had the injection and 10 minutes later he was spark out and having the seed removed. Before the vet finished he gave him an injection to bring him round. He was waking up within 10 minutes and trotting along in 20. They can bring them out much faster if required. It's not going to take long if you think of what they are actually doing. Maybe a 10 minute op tops.

Gypsy will be fine :bigarmhug:
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »
Poor little pupster :'(  But, can I just say that Odie had about an inch off his tail when he was only weeks old, due (apparently) to a littermate damaging it.  It unfortunately has a hook still at the end which was really noticeable until he was around 7 months old.  However, when his feathering appeared, it was NOT noticeable at all, his tail is just a little shorter than a full tail and it certainly causes him no problems ;)  Good luck!  Lesley

thankyou, thats really good to hear....shes otherwise fit and healthy so i just hope the anaesthetic doesnt cause her any problems....i know its better to do it now before it possibly gets infected as then we'll have more problems and she wont be as healthy for the anaesthetic..... i just want it all over now and cant wait for that wonderful phonecall to say shes awake and well x x