Author Topic: Constipated? :( - UPDATE - Intussusception :(  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Neon

• Donator
Re: Constipated? :( - UPDATE - Intussusception :(
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
Wishing little Alfie a speedy recovery and I hope he is back home with you tomorrow feeling loads better.  :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Christal

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 06:37:25 PM »
So glad it's sorted, and hope he soon makes a full recovery and is home getting pampered  :luv: :luv:

Is your insurance 'lifetime'  or annual?  If lifetime then as long as you stay with this insurance company he should be covered if it recurred, depending on your level of cover, if it's annual they'll say it's a pre existing condition and won't insure for it.        :bigarmhug:    xxx 

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
Thank God he is through the op and on the road to recovery :luv: :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
Awwww Alfie you had your mummy worried there for a while  :luv: :luv: thank dog he's going to be ok sending you a great big  :bigarmhug:
and little Alfie little cocker  :-* :-* :-* from phoebe and mia x x x   :luv: :luv:

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 07:43:26 PM »
Lots of cocker smuggles & squishes to Alfie & you all
Hopefully he will soon be home with you all
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 08:06:08 PM »
Glad it was diagnosed quickly - hope he's feeling better soon :blink:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
Poor little Alfie, he must have felt so poorly.  So pleased his operation went well and hope he will back home very soon.

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 08:30:32 AM »
Wow, when he's ill he really is ill. The vet is indeed correct about his condition. I really hope he makes a full recovery. Good job you were watching him like a hawk and knew something wasn't right. It's not something that most dog owners would ever come across so give yourself a pat on the back and a gentle squish for Alfie. :luv:

Thinking of you all. :luv:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »
Hope that Alfie is well enough to come home soon
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline seaangler

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »

Glad to hear he seems to have come through the op ok, and hope he continues to make a good recovery...

(Also glad your vet was reassuring about the chicken, there's nothing worse than having any doubt about whether something you did contributed...)

Well done for acting so promptly - it looks like speedy treatment it the key for this, so it's great you were totally on the ball.  Sending lots of healing thoughts...
 :luv:

Also glad to hear the good news and he will be home soon...I will still wate as i am still not sure about the chicken wings(well i am its the wife thats not)Any way as Kelma say Sending lots of healing thoughts and a very speedy recovery :bigarmhug: for now.... Chris..

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline pennylopey

• Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »
Thanks everybody. I was really in a bit of a state for a bit yesterday, I think it's quite taken me by surprise how fond I am of the little fella!  :luv: :luv:

Anyway the vet just called, he is doing fine now. He's eating and drinking and everything is passing through fine. In fact he's so jolly that he rolled in his poo earlier so had to have a bath.   ph34r

We're going to get him in a couple of hours, is it likely that he'll be on a special diet for a while? And how does he eat if he has one of those collars on? Also, will we have to pay the vet up front today? I'm not sure how much it'll be but should be able to pay for it, I'm just wondering whether there'll be follow up appointments for stitches/check up etc that will be part of the claim?

Can you tell I've never done this before?  :005:

I'm just so happy that he can come home, I'm expecting lots of slobber and a nice bum wiggle from him.  :luv: :luv:
Missing Alfie 26/05/2011 - 31/07/2020

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »
Great he's doing so well and coming home so soon  :banana: I would have thought he would be on his normal food? If not, the vet will give (ie sell at great cost  ph34r) you what they want you to feed him. He will be able to eat with his collar fine. Re. payment - most vets are happy to be paid by your insurer direct; simply tell them you're insured (I assume you've contacted the insurance company to tell and and request a claim form? if not, do so asap - as in now!) and then complete your bit of the claim form when it arrives and give them the rest to do; they'll send it off and deal with the rest. You will just have to pay the excess. If you're not insured or the vet insists on payment upfront and you claiming off the insurance (a few do apparently), then ask them if you can pay in installments (eg £100 a month) until the money arrives.

Good luck and  :bigarmhug: to little Alfie  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
Great news, so pleased to hear that  :D  As Jeff and Annie says, the insurer will pay direct to your vet as long as that is what you ask for.  Our vets were able to tell me how it all worked, as I recently had to submit my first ever claim! Cuddles for you all  :luv:

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 12:06:55 PM »

I would expect he'd be given a special diet while he continues to heal.  Your vet will sell this at an inflated cost - but also something gentle and easy to digest like cooked white fish and boiled rice will be good to give his digestive system time to heal.

Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 12:12:05 PM »
You will also probably have to pay the vet for a report to send to the insurance company - our vet charges £5.50 for this.  So glad the little feller is feeling loads better X

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv: