Author Topic: Positive thoughts for Dennis please  (Read 15491 times)

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
Positive thoughts for Dennis please
« on: December 03, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
This morning we took Dennis to see the vet. His tummy was all tight and hard and he wasnt so good on his back end again, he had a good check over by the vet and is clearly sore along his spine. He said his tummy was hard because he was tensing because of his back. So hes had an anti inflamatery injection , and some mophine type painkiller.He starts back on previcok tommorrow. We have to keep him seperate from Douglas and try to keep him calm, so he suggested getting his crate back out which we have.

Hes now laying in there wimpering slightly, and dribbling  :'( Im sat next to him because he dosnt really like being in there really.

I hate seeing him like this and feel a bit like i cant do anything for him. And to top it all off i have a poorly human baby , whos now got a bed on the sofa shes got a high temprture and looks really unwell  :'(

Offline fiona2

• Donator
Re: Positive thoughts for Dennis please
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »
oh dear sounds like you have youre hands full with both your poorly babas sending healing hugs youre way and that things improve quickly :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
Sorry to hear this  :'(
Sending lots of positive healing thoughts for Dennis & your Baba  :luv: :luv: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
Sending lots of positive thoughts and healing vibes for your gorgeous boy Maria  :bigarmhug: Hope the meds kick in and he starts to pick up soon  :luv: :luv: :luv:
And sending healing thoughts for your daughter too, hope she starts to feel better soon  :luv:
xxx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 01:15:13 PM »
Sending healing thoughts for poor Dennis  :luv: and hoping that the meds and crate rest will put him right.

Not forgetting your daughter of course, and hoping that she's better very soon  :bigarmhug:

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
Poor poorly Dennis  :'( I hope he feels better soon, and your daughter  :bigarmhug:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
Poor babies and poor you  :bigarmhug:  Hope Dennis and your little one start to feel better very soon, it's not easy when they are poorly  :luv:

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »
Im feeling really helpless right now  :'(  I think hes worse. He has been in his crate asleep and very dopey since we got back. He came to a little so i thought id see if he would go out for a wee. He wont come out of his crate and he hasnt stood , just pulled himself up with his front end and moved position. Hes crying alot.
Im on my own with the kids and no car , hubby isnt home until 8. I dont know weather im just looking and thinking the worse because of what happened last time ???

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 03:50:10 PM »
Poor Dennis, I do hope he improves soon, sending lots of hugs and positive vibes for him and your poorly daughter too  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 03:50:54 PM »
Oh I feel for you, really.  Like you say, we do feel so damn helpless when our beloved pets are sick.  Did the vet give you a diagnosis?  I really hope Dennis feels more comfortable and I hope your daughter feels better too and gets a good night's sleep.  :bigarmhug: to you as I know how drained and stressed you must be feeling.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Oh I feel for you, really.  Like you say, we do feel so damn helpless when our beloved pets are sick.  Did the vet give you a diagnosis?  I really hope Dennis feels more comfortable and I hope your daughter feels better too and gets a good night's sleep.  :bigarmhug: to you as I know how drained and stressed you must be feeling.

Dennis was paralysed for a few months last year after a slipped disc , he had surgery and physio and eventually (it seemed like forever ) he walked again. He had a blip once before and im hoping this is the same. The vet said this morning that the pain was around where his scare is from the last operation , he hopes he has just banged himself. He was given anti inflamatories and a strong painkiller , which would make him dopey. Ive got some anti inflamotries to start tommorrow and ive to keep in his crate away from doug and the children but not strict crate rest where he wasnt allowed out except to wee for 8 weeks after his surgery  :-\ And we have to call the vet on monday and see what s what then ???

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  Hope things are better by tomorrow morning, for Dennis and your human baby too.   xxxxx
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 04:28:46 PM »
So sorry to here Dennis is poorly, I hope he starts to feel better soon. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Positive thoughts for Dennis & your daughter, hope you see an improvement shortly  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 04:32:14 PM »

Dennis was paralysed for a few months last year after a slipped disc , he had surgery and physio and eventually (it seemed like forever ) he walked again. He had a blip once before and im hoping this is the same. The vet said this morning that the pain was around where his scare is from the last operation , he hopes he has just banged himself. He was given anti inflamatories and a strong painkiller , which would make him dopey. Ive got some anti inflamotries to start tommorrow and ive to keep in his crate away from doug and the children but not strict crate rest where he wasnt allowed out except to wee for 8 weeks after his surgery  :-\ And we have to call the vet on monday and see what s what then ???

OMG I wasn't aware of the problems Dennis had previously.  Poor darling.  I really pray that he recovers very soon and can resume normal mobility.  Sending him big  :-* :-*

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv: