Author Topic: Good thoughts for Bailey please ( Updated)  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
Re: Good thoughts for Bailey please
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:34 AM »
I got the results back from Baileys needle aspiration. Apparently they took a sample from 3 different lumps, the one on his front leg that I was concerned about, one from a lump on his rump, that I had pointed out to another Vet in the past (about 2 years ago) and he told me to monitor it (it hasn't grown) and a small pea sized one on his shoulder.

The results were, the one on his rump was inconclusive, the large one on his front leg was fatty tissue, but the pea sized one on his shoulder
came back as having some spindle cells in.

I was leaving the house to pick up my Grandson from Nursery when the vet rang so hadn't got much time to talk (plus it wasn't the vet that
I had seen) so I didn't get much time to ask questions. She said that spindle cells are in the body anyway.

Don't really know what decision to make now, waiting for the original vet to come back from her holidays to discuss treatment (if any).
Any thoughts?
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline beanbag

Re: Good thoughts for Bailey please
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
I would personally want to wait for your regular vet to come back and then you can have a conversation about options. Im not clued up on spindle cells but i know i would rather chat to a vet that knows about my furbaby and discuss options rather than someone i dont know.

Im sure someone will come along soon with some better advice :) Glad Bailey is okay  :luv:

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
Re: Good thoughts for Bailey please ( Updated)
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
After talking in through again with the Vet, I have Bailey booked in for Monday morning to see the Surgeon and discuss options
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud