Author Topic: Unexpected use for nose hair trimmer  (Read 1834 times)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Unexpected use for nose hair trimmer
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »
Chaz is quite sensitive about his paws being trimmed, especially the hair between his pads. He's not too keen on a clipper vibrating against his pads so this evening, following an eureka moment, I tried using a hooman nose hair/eyebrows trimmer.

Brilliant….It got right down between the pads without him showing the least sign of discomfort and, due to the cutter design, there's no possible way it could cut the pads or pull the hair.

So, that's a new piece of dog trimming equipment and I just need to buy a new one for myself  :005:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-ER-GN30-Facial-Trimmer-Cleaning/dp/B0041R9NMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444249515&sr=8-1&keywords=nose+hair+trimmer

Bob.

Offline Panda

Re: Unexpected use for nose hair trimmer
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 10:27:53 PM »
Ooh that's a good idea, mentioned it to OH and he promptly disappeared to hide his trimmer, spoilsport.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 11:31:19 PM »
Ooh that's a good idea, mentioned it to OH and he promptly disappeared to hide his trimmer, spoilsport.

Don't see why they can't share  :005:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 12:26:46 AM »
wonder if it would work on lipfold area as I struggle to keep Lady's free of fur so I can clean it
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 07:47:28 AM »
What a great idea, I have an old one of these and will give it a try. Thanks for the share.

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 08:09:01 AM »
Excellent idea....
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
Great idea - thats my OH christmas present sorted!!

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 10:04:02 AM »
great idea, but be sure it is the type that is exactly like the one shown (circular) not the one that is like a small bread knife.   I cut myself quite badly with the knife type when I dropped it &  automaticly grabbed it.
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »
wonder if it would work on lipfold area as I struggle to keep Lady's free of fur so I can clean it

The cutter accepts hairs from the top or the sides but isn't able to cope with long hair. Hair up to about 5mm in length is dealt with in one slowish pass while longer hair, 5 to 10mm, can be dabbed down on so that the tip of the hair enters the top of the cutter assembly.

It can be run along the skin as there's no possibility of it cutting anything but the hair that enters the cutter, there's very little vibration and it's also quite quiet in operation.

Bob.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 11:45:02 PM »

The cutter accepts hairs from the top or the sides but isn't able to cope with long hair. Hair up to about 5mm in length is dealt with in one slowish pass while longer hair, 5 to 10mm, can be dabbed down on so that the tip of the hair enters the top of the cutter assembly.

It can be run along the skin as there's no possibility of it cutting anything but the hair that enters the cutter, there's very little vibration and it's also quite quiet in operation.

Bob.

Hair in her mouth area isn't that long so its hard to cut, so I may try it for that and then even if it only works on their paws it will be something at least - Thanks
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
I can report that it was a great idea, however I now have to work out how to stop Dexter trying to bite the clipper as he thinks it is a game. I tried treats and a nice tripe stick but as soon as I start on the first pad he forgets the treat and has the look of that is more fun dad and then he starts. I will try and get a quick video clip as it is funny.