Author Topic: Suggestions for Raw feeding please  (Read 1788 times)

Offline rubyduby

Suggestions for Raw feeding please
« on: October 03, 2015, 09:02:05 AM »
Hi, I am thinking of going back to feeding my dogs raw meat , they were brought up on it for the first year of their life, but found frozen food only delivered in quantities that were large for storing. can anyone suggest a company in England I can order from that sells 'full meals' ie raw plus vits/veg etc.....I don't mind if it is frozen , I cant remember the company I used to buy from but it was very good and came in plastic trays in a minced form

Offline PollySpaull

Re: Suggestions for Raw feeding please
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:04:21 AM »
I buy from a lady called Lesley that runs a company called PP Raw. Her food is wonderful and my pup has really thrived on it. She delivers it frozen. I buy in boxes of 20 which fills 1 freezer drawer. I just repeat order when I run out. Google the company and see what you think. The ingredients that go in to Monty's food are all natural and organic etc. She also has a Facebook page if you search on there! Hope that's helpful

Love from Polly and Monty!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »
Nutriment or Natural Instinct are both excellent, complete raw foods  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 10:13:21 AM »
Nutriment or Natural Instinct are both excellent, complete raw foods  ;)

I'm at Pearls groomers at the moment looking at Natural Instinct information and price list.  She isn't ordering for a couple of weeks so I may buy a box of Nutriment to keep my two going....I've been feeding raw for over 3 years now but not convinced I get proportions right and it's getting expensive - the two you've recommended do seem very good value!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 10:52:25 AM »
They are both very good.

I feed a mixture of NI and diy raw: chicken wings/carcasses/ rabbits/ fresh fish/mince or other meat/lamb hearts and offal.

The complete stuff is really convenient :D
Julie and Watson

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
Natural instinct is very good, it's best to also feed a meal of bone like a turkey neck, lamb spine etc.

That have a list of stockist on there web site.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »
They are both very good.

I feed a mixture of NI and diy raw: chicken wings/carcasses/ rabbits/ fresh fish/mince or other meat/lamb hearts and offal.

The complete stuff is really convenient :D

I do the same. About half the meals William and Louis have are Natural Instinct, and I sometimes use Nature's Menu freeflow tripe mince as well. Then the rest is a variety of DIY meals such as lamb hearts, chunks of beef, lamb or pork, whole sardines or sprats, duck necks, chicken backs and rabbit quarters. I also feed lambs liver and kidney, each making up about 5% of their food each week or so, but never a whole meal of either because as a whole meal liver and kidney are too rich.

Pearly I feed my two just over 2% of their ideal bodyweight each day and that keeps them slim and gives some leeway for things like a tripe stick or rabbit ear after their morning walk and a bedtime biscuit or two.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 12:46:55 PM »
Thanks Elaine, Coral is just 8 months old so I'm feeding 5% and Pearl has been on 2.5% but is looking a bit chunky although after 30 minutes hydrotherapy each, this morning they probably should have normal rations  :005: I'll drop Pearls amount from tomorrow - I'm more concerned about getting the offal/bone/nutrients right.  I've ordered 20Kg (and bone meals) through the groomer this morning (also a breeder) and also 20Kg of nutriment as the natural instinct is a couple of weeks away....now defrosting the small freezer, ready!

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
Nutriment, Natural Instinct and PP Raw are all good - and so easy to use!

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »
Many thanks for the suggestions, I have always been curious about feeding raw lumps of food ie rabbit chicken, apart from the obvious worry about bones, I am concerned that it might change the relationship between my two sisters, they get on brilliantly and I don't want to start them fighting over raw food, .....

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 10:02:22 AM »
Shouldn't change the relationship between them at all - if one of them is prone to resource guarding then maybe just feed separately, but most evenings I'm feeding five raw at the same time and they are all fine.  I just watch to make sure there's no inflight encroachments before one of them has finished lol....

Have just placed an order with naturaw, mix of butchers dog, mvm and nutriment.... will see how it goes. They are a good site tho, gives you details on % bone content, offal content etc. 
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline *Marie*

• BRACKEN
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »
I buy from Naturaw Bracken has Complete minces of various meats with 80/10/10 in the morning and DIY in the afternoon, he had anal gland issues since raw he's had no issues! One happy cocker and one happy Mum

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »
I swear by Natural Instinct. Murphy has been on it for over 18 months and has never got bored of it and I have just moved Millie onto it today. She was very enthusiastic with her first meal. Luckily I have a stockist within a few minutes drive so the problem of bulk buying isn't there.