Author Topic: More surgery for William tomorrow  (Read 11218 times)

Offline Liz F

• Donator
Re: More surgery for William tomorrow
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »
Hi Elaine, haven't been on for a while so just seen this, glad everything went ok and hope William is feeling ok, positive thoughts for William X Diesels baby grow was 18 to 24 months and was a godsend X

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 11:44:39 PM »
Hope all goes well for William, thinking of you Elaine.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »
Poor William :016: Would he be more comfortable with a comfy collar, i know George was so much more comfortable with one of these and was able to walk, sleep and eat with it. with the cone of shame, he would just stand there, depressed and not moving an inch. I hope he continues to make good progress :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx

He has a comfy cone, which is padded, but I know that the comfy collar isn't enough to stop him being able to lick his groin. For an old dog with back problems he's surprisingly flexible! Thanks for the suggestion though :D
:005: Cheeky William  :luv: , where's there's a cocker there is a will and a way ;) i expect he looks very smart in his babygro
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 02:13:38 PM »
I'm sorry I missed all of this wrapped up in my own drama. I know you must be worried waiting for those tests to come back. I hope it's good news for you and William too.

Teddy hates the cone of shame too and trying to get into his soft crate with it on is a little comical...his face clearly says my parents are ridiculous.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »
Good luck with the results
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
Just wondering how William is getting on? Hopefully feeling better in himself now  :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2015, 05:02:43 PM »
Just wondering how William is getting on? Hopefully feeling better in himself now  :luv:

Thanks for asking :D

Right now he's sat next to me wearing a fetching pale blue babygrow and whining for his tea! He's very well in himself and his gum and eye are healing beautifully. The area around the stitches in his groin is quite bruised and I think he finds it itchy because he tries to lick it given the chance, although I've noticed that less today than on previous days.

Louis is coming home tomorrow, so that will be interesting as he's been at my friend Maria's for a week. Hopefully William no longer smells of antiseptic etc. and Louis won't get unsettled and pushy.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2015, 09:40:53 PM »
Just read your post, I hope William is feeling better :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2015, 11:20:34 PM »

Thanks for asking :D

Right now he's sat next to me wearing a fetching pale blue babygrow and whining for his tea! He's very well in himself and his gum and eye are healing beautifully. The area around the stitches in his groin is quite bruised and I think he finds it itchy because he tries to lick it given the chance, although I've noticed that less today than on previous days.

Louis is coming home tomorrow, so that will be interesting as he's been at my friend Maria's for a week. Hopefully William no longer smells of antiseptic etc. and Louis won't get unsettled and pushy.

I did same with Stella after Bosley's eye up (in her case it was 4 weeks) but she gets unsettled as well re odd things like this (that wasn't the reason why she was 'banished) but I give her melatonin, which helps (when Roobs tumour was smelly and infected Stella kept attacking her or just getting upset in her presence).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »
Good news :D

Andy the vet left a phone message this afternoon saying that the pathology for the lumps has shown nothing nasty, so there's nothing to worry about :cool4: :cool4:

Today has been the first day without the babygrow because William has stopped trying to lick the wound and stitches in the groin area and all the bruising and swelling has finally gone down. Back to the vet on Friday for stitches out.

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
That is such good news Elaine, I hope William is mending well and with your good news you can now sleep easy for a change.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2015, 07:52:04 PM »
 :banana: :banana: excellent news
It sounds like William is feeling better in himself now, which is great  :luv:

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2015, 08:11:05 PM »
Good news, so pleased for William and you  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »
That's great. Really pleased for you.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2015, 08:54:31 PM »
I have been away so have missed what has been happening to William, but am so glad that it has turned out to be nothing serious.  Hope William is back to full health very soon and forgets all about what he has been through.