Author Topic: Mitchell has eaten some of a wicker ball  (Read 1170 times)

Offline suzidollydavis

Mitchell has eaten some of a wicker ball
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »
Any advice would be much appreciated! 

We came home to a chewed up wicker ball, from the pot pourri display.  Not sure if Mitchell has eaten any of it, should I be worried? X

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Mitchell has eaten some of a wicker ball
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:46:32 PM »

We came home to a chewed up wicker ball, from the pot pourri display.  Not sure if Mitchell has eaten any of it, should I be worried? X

Imagine by now you have had a good look round to see if there are any pieces, if you cannot find any, keep a close eye on him as some parts of wicker may be sharp, so I would deffo phone the vet in the morning, who may suggest an xray (unless he is in obvious discomfort at any time, before then). also you can keep a close eye on his poop to see if he is passing any wicker, that will tell you if he has eaten any.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline suzidollydavis

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:54:58 PM »

Imagine by now you have had a good look round to see if there are any pieces, if you cannot find any, keep a close eye on him as some parts of wicker may be sharp, so I would deffo phone the vet in the morning, who may suggest an xray (unless he is in obvious discomfort at any time, before then). also you can keep a close eye on his poop to see if he is passing any wicker, that will tell you if he has eaten any.
Thank  you for  your help, he seems fine at the moment, I will call them first  thing for advice. Not sure what to do if he shows any sign of discomfort tonight? X

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »
little b*****  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »

Thank  you for  your help, he seems fine at the moment, I will call them first  thing for advice. Not sure what to do if he shows any sign of discomfort tonight? X

Do you have an emergency vet no. to call just in case, if only for some advice if you are worried.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline suzidollydavis

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »
Thank you, Mitch seemed fine last night,  I found some of the ball left over and it appears to be made of straw so not as tough as wood. He seems fine in himself so will see how he is later on x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 09:52:44 AM »
Thank you, Mitch seemed fine last night,  I found some of the ball left over and it appears to be made of straw so not as tough as wood. He seems fine in himself so will see how he is later on x

Ah that's great, hope it just passes through with no probs (I was thinking of the tough stuff similar to wicker baskets etc.)

Offline suzidollydavis

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 11:51:11 AM »
Yes me too but when I asked my hubby he said its straw so not as bad :) he tries to eat all sorts when we walk him! X

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 11:59:28 AM »
Yes me too but when I asked my hubby he said its straw so not as bad :) he tries to eat all sorts when we walk him! X

Branston is the same, can be a nightmare, ok if he is close enough, he will leave if I tell him, but not so good if he sees something further away. And some of the things he wants to chomp on are  :020:

Offline suzidollydavis

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 08:07:27 AM »

Branston is the same, can be a nightmare, ok if he is close enough, he will leave if I tell him, but not so good if he sees something further away. And some of the things he wants to chomp on are  :020:
At least i know im not alone in this  then! He has so many toys to choose from I think he did it as a protest because we were out at the time. Cheeky little babies [emoji1]