Author Topic: Yumove  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Dimples

Yumove
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:12:13 PM »
Hello. My boy is 9 now. Fit and healthy. Active. But thinking of supplements to prevent any joint issues. Have heard a lot about Yumove and it’s benefits. Just wondering how many on here use or avoid for your cockers.

Thanks x
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old

Offline lescef

Re: Yumove
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:50:58 PM »
My nine year old has it. She is starting to suffer with arthritis and muscle wastage. I give her the basic tablet but I can't say one way or the other if it is making any difference. Some people believe it does. There are stronger ones available and one that you can only get from the vet. Some people also think Riaflex is an even better supplement to give.
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Nicnac49

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
My 6 year old ex breeder has mild hip dysplasia and it was suggested by the physio who has been seeing her.
She is much improved. Whether that's the physio, the Yumove or good diet and exercise who knows 🤷. Likely all of them

Online Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:44:15 AM »
I started giving Coco supplements when she was about 9 or 10 (she is 14 now) - like you she had no signs of joint issues but I wanted to preempt them.   

She had Yumove for a while, but then I changed her onto Golden Paste - made it myself at first which is easy and now she has the chicken slices from The Golden Paste Company.  Turmeric is a natural anti inflammatory and many people and animals have fantastic results with it.

I have heard good things about Yumove too, but better things about GP.  She also sometimes has a teaspoon of salmon oil on her breakfast.

So far she shows no signs of problems with her joints and still trots around as she always has, albeit a bit slower now  :luv:

Lots of info on here about the benefits of golden paste.  It doesn't keep that long so, when I made a batch, I froze it in ice cube trays and just took out what I needed for her. If you are on Facebook, join the Turmeric User Group which has loads of useful info and recipes for making the paste yourself.

https://goldenpastecompany.co.uk/
Julie and Watson

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 10:24:24 AM »
Ollie is 12 and on Yumove, OH and I have noticed a difference, it says to give 2 od for first 6 weeks but as he has a sensitive tummy I did not do this - and he is fine on one aday.  I have to be really careful of diet due to his tummy and glad to say this suits.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Dimples

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 12:24:48 PM »
Thanks Guys, I will look into the Golden Post.

Always a tad scared giving him anything he hasn't had before as I think he is fine now, don't want it to change. But we gave our lab and poodle pet cod liver oil over the years and they both survived until they were 15/16.

Turmeric I have heard good things about too.

Thanks x

Now 9 years old

Offline Dimples

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 01:01:03 PM »
Ollie is 12 and on Yumove, OH and I have noticed a difference, it says to give 2 od for first 6 weeks but as he has a sensitive tummy I did not do this - and he is fine on one aday.  I have to be really careful of diet due to his tummy and glad to say this suits.

Just noticed a massive difference in the cost of YuMOVE. A lot cheaper on Viovets than the main site. Where do you buy ?

Now 9 years old

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »
Well I actually got it direct from them.....although I wasn't going to becasue as you say it is cheaper else where, but they had this offer on at the time and as there was no postage cost- I paid about £12.95 for 60.

Ollie had salmon oil prior, Yumove has Green Lipped Mussel contains 4x more Omega 3 than normal, it has not upset him in anyway.

Just looked on there site (Lintbells) and there is a 30% code today FBDOG30 if this helps. (No p and p)

Hope this helps.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Dimples

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 12:37:45 PM »
Well I actually got it direct from them.....although I wasn't going to becasue as you say it is cheaper else where, but they had this offer on at the time and as there was no postage cost- I paid about £12.95 for 60.

Ollie had salmon oil prior, Yumove has Green Lipped Mussel contains 4x more Omega 3 than normal, it has not upset him in anyway.

Just looked on there site (Lintbells) and there is a 30% code today FBDOG30 if this helps. (No p and p)

Hope this helps.

Fab that's great thanks - will look now

Now 9 years old