Author Topic: clingy after work  (Read 2416 times)

Offline ips

clingy after work
« on: March 23, 2017, 06:00:40 PM »
Has anyone else noticed there dog being clingy after a days working ?
Had a walk around the shooting estate this afternoon well I say walk it was more like dogging in as there are still a few birds around. I hunted her in cover and hunted her along the hedgerows and I quartered her in the long grass field (into the wind to keep a tight pattern which has become a bit sloppy recently) she flushed about five pheasant and was generally compliant. Anyway as is usually the case after a days work (as opposed to play or just a walk) she is even more clingy than usual. Just wondered if anyone else experiences this  ??
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: clingy after work
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »
Not sure I would say clingy but definitely calmer and more settled  :-\

Offline LilyPup

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »
I have no experience with working, so sorry if this is a bit silly... But my family's labrador is super clingy to the family member that has walked her that day. It seems like the walk makes her feel extra bonded to that person for the day, like they're best buddies. Could it be something like that? That working makes your dog feel close to you, and that you're fun to be around?

Offline ips

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:14:49 PM »
I have no experience with working, so sorry if this is a bit silly... But my family's labrador is super clingy to the family member that has walked her that day. It seems like the walk makes her feel extra bonded to that person for the day, like they're best buddies. Could it be something like that? That working makes your dog feel close to you, and that you're fun to be around?

Not silly at all. That is exactly how I read it. She thinks I am the best thing since bone shaped biscuits but after a day working it is exactly as you say, she feels closer presumably because of the work we have done as a team.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.