Author Topic: Archie still screaming place down when I leave him/pooing nearly 6 weeks on  (Read 3159 times)

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
Re: Archie still screaming place down when I leave him/pooing nearly 6 weeks on
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »
Thank you  :luv:  He's challenging at times but again, was one of the best behaved at his puppy class this morning  :angel:

That must be a Cocker thing, Hudson is the smartest, friendliest and least barky in his puppy class - a real prodigy! He saves his terror pup-ness for at home I think  ;)

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
As I used to say with the children "If he has to be bad  :016: let it be at home"
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline bambino chicino

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
I agree, baby steps in the right direction :-) We've blocked off the capret area where he has been weeing now so that he knows he must go outside. Most of the time he was letting us know he wanted to go out but then does a sneaky wee on the carpet! Hopefully he'll learn that he must always let us know!

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
We've recently moved into our new house and are still finishing off plastering rooms etc so fortunately he's not spoiling any carpets, we've got chipboard floors so easily cleaned!   I'm hoping that by the spring, when we hope to carpet everywhere, he'll be clean and a perfect  :shades: pupster  :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline bambino chicino

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
Tee hee, I think thats what I'd like for Christmas too, a clean and perfect (And happy and healthy) puppy  :D Thankfully we've got hardwood floor and tiles throughout so thats wipe clean but he just always manages to get to the only area of carpet we have downstairs and leaves his mark!  :005:
We moved into this house about a year ago so we wanted to get our sofas cleaned just incase they got dirty during the move and we also wanted to get the carpets upstairs cleaned as we havent decorated up there yet. However, due to the addition of Charlie, we think we'll get it all done sooner rather than later!!! x x

Offline angiebaz

• my sweet boy...Baz
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »
I really feel for you...been there with my 14mth male. For the first 9months he did that. He has separation anxiety and would poop within first 5 to 10 minites of being left and spread it everywhere..i left him alone very little...either took him with me or made sure he had someone with him if i was out...husband,kids even a neighbour or friend..tried adaptil collars, tablets etc...built up the time he spent alone very slowly...left filled kongs but he was sooo stressed he wouldnt eat them..if i goto bathroomhe follows me..and from room to room! Still does. Couldmt crate him as he would chew the bars and scratch and bang about in frantic attempts to follow me..he stopped the stress pooping around 9mths old! Still get the occasional one tho..i can now leave him alone for 4hrs but that long is very occasional...i am home all day as i work nights and during the evenings my family is home. We got a second cocker when he was 10mths old..she is now 17wks and totally different...more chilled..happy to be in crate. I was worried that she would pick up his stressy habits but she hasnt..i have had 2 stress poos from baz in nearly 5mths...when i am out and someone else leaves in a hurry and doesnt stick to the routine we use to leave the dogs...i gave him time alone when i was in the house...he has run of large kitchen /diner..with baby gate across kitchen preventing access to rest of house. (No door on kitchen). He jumps up gate if hes separated from me and i learnt to ignore him...when he settled i went back to him not when hes creating...also when i come home after hes been left i ignore him as he jumps up all excited...i only acknowledge him when he has calmed down and all 4 feet are on the floor...it took a lot of work and he still hates it when i leave him bit i am lucky to be able to work my life around the dogs. He was neutered at 6mths but it made no difference to his stressy ways. He is clingy to me...always has been...training the stay has helped and plenty of excercise helped him. I never leave him alpne unless he has had a walk...it really helps as he is tired so settles rather than stresses and the pooping was a stress reaction to being left...i also leave chews and only give them when i leave. Good luck...it does improve.

Offline Gem01

• Jake
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
Sorry to hear this. Jake kept pooing in his bed at night. We took the towel that he pooed and have placed it in the garden. After running round and a sniff of it, it normally prompts him to go.

Good luck
Gemma & Jake

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 12:04:47 PM »
Thanks for your replies.

Since this post in November, I've had to abandon his crate as he used it to toilet in it.  Since then, he's left to roam if I have to go out but only in living room and tiny portion of hallway.  For the past 3 weeks, I've returned from school runs on a morning to no wees or poos so that is good, however, on the odd times I need to leave him for the afternoon school run, I sometimes come back to accidents.

Re. the screaming and barking when left.  I had a good few weeks of good behaviour in January, however he has started it again whenever I go upstairs, which is frustrating.  He really is mega obsessed with me, more so than my previous cocker, who was bad.

I suppose this behaviour is hindering his toilet training too, as at 6.5 months old, he should have grasped it by now but he continues to not perform very often outside.  Just this morning, I've taken him out (he has waited at the living room door) 8 times in 2 hours and only 1 wee had happened outside, he trotted back inside and either had a wee/poo within a couple of minutes of coming back in.  I am at a loss as to how to stop this so after my vet visit tomorrow (just to make sure nothing is wrong), I may consult a behaviourist. 

Lesley
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!