Author Topic: Feeding amounts  (Read 1660 times)

Offline helen1

• Site Member
Feeding amounts
« on: May 19, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »
I have changed Bailey's food from Pedigree Chum to Natures Diet,  I give him 150gr morning noon and night with about a handfull of biscuits (bone shape) or some gravy bones, again a handfull.  In between he will have a couple of treat sticks, just little thin meat strips, or twirley chews.  Am i feeding enough?  He will be 1 year old in July :luv:

Thanks for any help
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Feeding amounts
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
Each dog is different as to how much food they need so be guided by Bailey's bodyweight and general demeanour. If he is nicely filled out and you can feel his ribs but can't see them then his weight is fine. If he is not permanently scavenging for food (and I don't mean normal cocker mooching  :005:) then he is probably being fed enough. Some dogs would eat all day every day (I have 4 who would!!) so you do have to be careful not to overfeed.  I have finally managed to get Jersey to eat Royal Canin dry food soaked with warm water (wahey!!!!!) and she gets 2 handfuls twice a day. Going by the guidelines I mentioned before, this is a sufficient amount for her. No idea what the bag says she should be fed  :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)