Author Topic: Lilys kitchen  (Read 1311 times)

Offline lesley3165

Lilys kitchen
« on: June 12, 2016, 10:21:01 AM »
We're just in the process of moving Meg onto lilys kitchen (wet & dry) and after only 4 days I can't believe the change in her. From being a cocker who begged for every scrap of food she could get last night at the tea table she just laid at our feet! Is this just coincidence or is it possible that this food really fills her up? Anyone with a similar experiance? She was on adult pro plan before.

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Lilys kitchen
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »
Daisy is on Lily's and doing very well on it, she is prone to a dodgy tummy.  Have to say I am very impressed with the quality of it.  And it doesn't smell like dog food, it actually smells and looks edible.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »
Daisy is on Lily's and doing very well on it, she is prone to a dodgy tummy.  Have to say I am very impressed with the quality of it.  And it doesn't smell like dog food, it actually smells and looks edible.

The flavours all sound very tempting don't they. Naturediet have hinted on their Facebook page that they are going to bring out a dry food, but I don't know when (not sure they do either!!)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 05:10:09 PM »
Hi,
After reading your post i am now looking at Lilys Kitchen.How much do you feed of the large tins a day, do you add biscuits to it? We have a Motorhome and the small tins/foils would be ideal for taking out with us when we go out for the day.Tried Wainwrights sachets ...whippy poos.....At the moment I put some of Rosies food in a tupperware box but after being in my rucksack all morning I am not sure it is that great....Rosie doesn't seem impressed anyway.....!!    Although Rosie is 7 months We still have 3 smaller meals a day as this seems to suit Her, a big meal can result in horrendous poo....one you just look at and think how am I going to pick up that!At the moment She is on Natures Harvest wet and dry, poos definately improving but would be great if I could find something that really suited Her and  We could take on picnics. Have you tried any of the treats as well?

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 05:32:30 PM »
I  look after my friends dogs and they have the wet food just looks kike human food I use natures diet meat percentage   practily the same  ustt much more tastier looking and Penny licked the bowl als o adde herbs
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline lesley3165

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 06:14:59 PM »
Hi Ambler54, we're just adjusting Megs food as its early days on Lily's Kitchen. If you type in your search engine Lily's kitchen dog feeding guide there is a pdf document which I have found useful. We are feeding Meg 200g wet food and about 70g dry food but she does get quite a lot of treats throughout the day as well. So I'm going to keep an eye on her weight, she's not the most active cocker and, like most Cockers, loves her food!! The little trays are excellent if a tad expensive! She's started whining when she sees me getting her food ready so I think she is liking it so far! The results out of the other end are fine so I'm taking that as a sign it's suiting her. She has had Lily's kitchen treats in the past and I've been very impressed with them! Hope you find something to suit Rosie x

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »
With regard to treats, I buy a box of the breakfast crunch, and Daisy has that as a treat.  She loves it, and I think it is better for her than a biscuit, if that makes sense!  The bits of kibble are bone shaped and a decent size, so she feels she is getting something worthwhile.

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
Thats great, thank you so much.
The little trays were just for 'picnics' , handy for our walking holidays. Someone else mentioned the breakfast kibble so might get some and see.Rosie is manic, extremely active ( my daughter will say I am the same)  and tiring Her out is a challenge ( why aren't I a size 8......)  , and She does seem to be always hungry.She has Her full quota of Natures menu , plus biscuits, Natures menu again, plus vegetables  and although She looks fine and Do think it isnt really filling Her up.
I will download the pdf  and I will get some of the trays and kibble/ treats and see how We get on. Its a fine line between ok poos and 'OMG' but I think a lot of Rosies problem are the totally nutcase moments, so over night poos fine the next .........aaaagh.
Thank you again.