Author Topic: How do you 'spot clean' poop?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Smckenry

How do you 'spot clean' poop?
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:32:05 PM »
For the third day in a row dearest Luna had a great time rolling in someone else's poop in the park. Whilst looking at me of course. Anyway, I can't keep showering her everyday, it can't be good for her ski. And I'm 21 weeks pregnant and soon I won't be able to bend down :-)
How do you 'spot clean' these incidents? At the moment I'm just using loads of baby wipes and then some refresher type spray, but that doesn't seem clean enough really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: How do you 'spot clean' poop?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »
Our standby cleaning solution for everything dog related is a dilute (10%) solution of Hibiscrub. Ideal for cleaning the odd "Klingon" or other nasty stain, it's an antiseptic hand wash which is used in hospitals for disinfecting wounds and hands before surgery.

For external use only, keep it away from eyes and mouth and rinse thoroughly with water should any accidental contact occur.

According to the data sheet its active ingredient, Chlorhexidine gluconate, is not absorbed through the skin and there are no recorded harmful effects through skin contact or when used as a skin disinfectant by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.

We've made up a 10% solution in a spray bottle and it's easy to spray on and wipe off any little accidents and we also use it as a disinfectant after cleaning mud off paws etc….. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hibiscrub-Health-Care-500-ml/dp/B001AV4C20

Bob.

Offline daw

Re: How do you 'spot clean' poop?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
I've never tried it myself on ours but have heard that tomato ketchup rubbed  well into the offending area and shampooed off works wonders. ;)