Author Topic: Guess who's home?  (Read 3157 times)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Guess who's home?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 02:10:02 PM »
just want to repeat, never have had a " unsolvable" problem with leaving our dogs while in full time work. They get used to the routine just as you have got back in the routine of getting up and going
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Neil

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 11:29:34 PM »
How did Bobby cope yesterday while you were are work.  Hope everything worked out well with your friend coming round to him.  We all have everything crossed you can make this work.
Thank you, and to all the other respondents, for the warmth of your replies.

Two working days in it seems to be going well.  I need to find one or more professional dog walkers that can take him on, longer term. He's become more willful and much worse at recall while he's been away which is a problem. I've booked him in for neutering which I hope may help and hope I can get him started with a dog walker, on a lead at first, asap after the operation. 

All the indications are that he is happy to be home. I still think I was right to try to find him a new home where he would spend less time alone, but it does seem as if the bond between us is too strong for him to be happy elsewhere, and I certainly found it very difficult to come to terms with his absence. I don't think either of us want to go through that again.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 09:13:33 AM »
I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine - his willfullness is probably just a natural reaction to the change of routine but once the daily pattern has settled back again and become consistant, he'll be back to normal. I'm just so happy for your both, its such a lovely outcome. Hope the job's going well, by the way?

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »
How truly wonderful to hear he's back home with you , everything else will soon fall into place  ;)