Author Topic: Please can I have some prayers  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Please can I have some prayers
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »
Hope Erin feels a lot better over the weekend and it turns out to be nothing too serious.

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »
Hope Erin is still improving  :bigarmhug:
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 02:04:04 PM »
Hope Erin is still improving  :bigarmhug:

this comes from me to

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »
Well Erin seems to have made a remarkable recovery....gave her tramadol last night and she was neither up nor down with it. This morning she is back to her normal bouncy self...no signs of pain or discomfort...is eating well and as usual looking for extra...has been a couple of short walks and is back to grumbling at her sister lol.
I will continue the bland food for a day or so before getting her back onto normal diet and will gradually increase her exercise just to be on safe side.
I cannot believe the difference from Thursday night to today...she could get a job as a con artist >:D..I sure have a few extra grey hairs

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 04:01:02 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:  That's really wonderful news and I hope she continues to do well with no relapses. Either Erin is a con artist as you wrote, or, once again. COL Power has worked its magic. I think you deserve some wine and chocolate this evening!!  :cool4: :cool4: :cool4:  Diana xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 04:04:19 PM »
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:  That's really wonderful news and I hope she continues to do well with no relapses. Either Erin is a con artist as you wrote, or, once again. COL Power has worked its magic. I think you deserve some wine and chocolate this evening!!  :cool4: :cool4: :cool4:  Diana xx

Definitely the latter. Glad she has recovered so quickly
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 06:15:44 PM »
What a fantastic update, way to go Erin  :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 06:30:36 PM »
Wonderful, just lovely to hear  :luv:

Offline rubybella

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 08:37:14 PM »
I would introduce her normal food back very slowly as if it was a pancreatitis attack it could trigger it again. Just watch out for any signs that the pain is back over the next few days.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 10:02:51 PM »
Such good news that Erin is feeling better, hope it continues.

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2015, 10:52:56 PM »
So pleased to hear this we all have been thinking about herxx
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2015, 12:40:41 AM »

I would introduce her normal food back very slowly as if it was a pancreatitis attack it could trigger it again. Just watch out for any signs that the pain is back over the next few days.

I definitely agree that the COL power has worked its magic. I will also take introducing normal food slowly..do not want to risk a repeat of whatever was the problem.
The hardest part so far is preventing her jumping up and down off the couch and bed...she can be so quick. She not as agile now...getting a bit old and stiff and I can see her struggling to get up at times. I going to investigate some supplements to help her joints...if anyone has recommendations I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers xx

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »
Great news :D. Fingers crossed that whatever it was has resolved and won't happen again. Do you have to take Erin back for a follow up appointment?

William is 10 years and 8 months and was diagnosed with damaged lumbosacral discs when he was 5. Luckily he didn't need surgery, but I do as much as I can to keep him slim and fit and started giving him a joint supplement a few years ago in the hope that if he stays supple it will put less strain on his back. I can't say for sure if that's what is keeping him supple and largely free from stiffness, but something is!

He has Riaflex, which is the strongest and most concentrated glucosamine and chondroitin supplement on the market. It's a powder and I add some to his breakfast every morning. It's expensive, but I've just bought a 800g refill pouch from their website  with 10% off. It was just over £70 but will last almost a year. I also feed raw or tinned oily fish once a week and I buy beef trachea from various raw food suppliers and he has one of those every couple of weeks or so. Trachea is an excellent source of glucosamine.

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2015, 10:47:20 AM »
Thank you Elaine for that information. I can't give her the beef trachea as beef goes straight through her but will have a look at the supplement. I do give both my girls oily fish on a regular basis though.
Erin does not need to go back for follow up unless I have any further concerns but so far so good x

Offline darcyboy

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2015, 10:20:18 PM »
Glad Erin is doing better. We had a similar incident with Lady. She couldnt climb stairs, jump on the couch and even struggled to pee. Got x-rays done but nothing found. Was so worreid as she didnt even wag her tail and Lady ALWAYS wags her tail. She was fine week or so after. Vet thinks she must have bruised her back somehow. They do know how to keep us worried. xx