Author Topic: Not sure what this is (ear) UPDATE - it is a histiocytoma  (Read 1842 times)

Offline linda c

Re: Not sure what this is (ear) UPDATE - it is a histiocytoma
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
My Vet aspirated Blue's to check it and it was benign. He did that straight away when I took him in and his went on it's own after 2/3 weeks. They're strange coming up so quickly then going just as quickly. :dunno:

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »
Alfie has been attending the vet weekly because of the histiocytoma. He's had 2 courses of antibiotic tablets and 2 long lasting injections as well as anti-inflammatory injections, piriton and fuciderm.   Alfie had it aspirated 2 weeks ago and I was relieved as the results came back that it was benign. In the week following that it appeared to shrink a bit and darken in colour but last week it seemed to fill up again & he had a raised temperature. The vet has checked it again today and there is no change in its appearance or size from last week so she is giving it another week and if it's still the same and not reducing in size then she wants to proceed with surgery. Of those of you who said their pet's histiocytoma disappeared on it's own, i wondered how long it took? It will be 5 weeks next week since Alfie's lump first appeared.

Offline lescef

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 03:14:05 PM »
Hi. When Bramble had one on her shoulder it lasted nearly three months. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever go!
The breeder had said leave well alone. The vet said if it didn't go they would remove when she was being spayed. It went two days before her spay!
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 04:41:41 PM »
I just searched my old posts on here and found it.  Mollies took about 6-8 weeks to disappear. 

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 07:07:28 PM »
Thanks for your replies lescef and Chrisp. That's useful to know. I think if the lump doesn't get any bigger or bothering him I'd prefer to wait a bit longer before resorting to surgery. However I do have to bear in mind that there has been an ongoing infection with it.

Offline linda c

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:02 PM »
Blue's took 3 weeks then had just gone. My Vet said he wouldn't have taken it off anyway if it wasn't bothering him and it should go on its own.