Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 1975 times)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: Need advice
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 09:55:25 PM »
That's a difficult one. Maybe if you expressed a serious interest but also made the guy aware of your concerns then you may find him able to address them.
I'm afraid that a lot of this is going to come down to your gut feeling about the guy and the health and ownership status of the dog. The limited documentation should help but It'll certainly be worth checking up with the vet detailed in the paperwork.

My own response to this would be far from logical I'm sorry to say. I'd think about the alternative means he could use to sell or dispose of the dog and would probably make him an offer there and then. At least I'd then know that the dog was safe.

Whatever you decide, the very best of luck.

Bob.

Offline jonnytrabant

Re: Need advice
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 05:34:06 AM »
Thanks for all the replies folks they've all been helpful. It shows this forum at it's best.

We've come to a decision and we're not going to go ahead with this. We discussed it at length last night and we decided we can't take this dog or any other for that matter on, certainly at this present time.

I thought we would love another dog ( which we do) but after taking a hard look at our lifestyle and the extra costs, we both feel it's not an option at this minute. It's a very hard decision to make but I have to do what's best and not let my heart rule my head. I feel Harry is the most lucky dog in the world, he has the best of everything and we don't want to spoil that.

I really hope the guy succeeds in re homing his dog, don't know if anyone on here is interested. PM for details, but he's a 5 month, chocolate Worker, tail leaglly docked, not KC.

Again thanks for all the help and advice in this matter.