Author Topic: Gun Dog TRaining Forum  (Read 4105 times)

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
Gun Dog TRaining Forum
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
I've just come across the Gun Dog Training Forum when looking into getting my wild two better trained.
Are there any members of CockersOnline also members?

David
Dolly & Silkie

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
Re: Gun Dog TRaining Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:23:41 PM »
Yes I am, please read charlies chatter  Mk1 and Mk2 by Trekmoor a series of posts over the last 5 or 6 years on the training of a cocker called Charlie that will have you rolling on the floor I may add that possibly the best training manual for a working cocker you will ever read.

Bill who rights under the name Trekmoor has a fantastic knowledge of dog training some of it may be a bit aversive in a mild way  but most is positive training.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:46:37 PM »
Yes, am a member. Useful stuff in the training section. And lots other interesting discussions.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »
I am, but I haven't posted on there for ages. I used to go on it more when Caoimhe was competing in field trials. My username is workingcockers - imaginative eh?! :shades: :lol2:  I'm not in agreement with a lot of the views on breeding and selling puppies on there etc. but there is some good training info on there.

I used to go beating with Bill (Trekmoor) when I lived in Edinburgh and we walked together a few times and did a few joint training sessions with Charlie and Caoimhe; he's awesome :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »
I've been a member for years but have forgotten my user name and password so just forgot about it!  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline panda66

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 08:59:36 AM »
I am and also a member of Positive Gundogs which is a site which encourages force free training  :D