Author Topic: Forum Error Reports  (Read 89718 times)

Offline lilylulu

Re: Forum Error Reports
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »
I am getting the same error message, have done for last few days.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »
Have been having more and more probs with connection lately for some reason. It has always done it on occasion, but does seem more frequent. Just typed a long PM to someone and when I went to spellcheck it chucked me off, lost my PM and wouldn't let me back on. I guess I should have just trusted my spelling.  :shades: :005:

That's more likely to have been a time-out error - ie you took too long to send your PM so the session timed out ;) If you do have a long PM to write, it might be better to type it out first in Notepad or something and then copy & paste into the PM text box.
Jane

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
Have been having more and more probs with connection lately for some reason. It has always done it on occasion, but does seem more frequent. Just typed a long PM to someone and when I went to spellcheck it chucked me off, lost my PM and wouldn't let me back on. I guess I should have just trusted my spelling.  :shades: :005:

That's more likely to have been a time-out error - ie you took too long to send your PM so the session timed out ;) If you do have a long PM to write, it might be better to type it out first in Notepad or something and then copy & paste into the PM text box.

Oh god I didn't know there was a time limit.  :shades: :005: I can't type or think at that time in the morning that fast.   :005: My Dad also said to type it up somewhere else and then copy and paste it Jane, so I think I will do that next time  Cheers. ;) I do still think the connection probs seem to be more frequent for some reason though.  :huh: or maybe I'm just always to slow.  :shades: :005:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »
Just had this error message a few times, only managed to get back in just now.

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/cockerso/public_html/discuss/Sources/Subs.php on line 321

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/cockerso/public_html/discuss/Sources/Errors.php on line 123

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/cockerso/public_html/discuss/Sources/Errors.php on line 124

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »
Yep I had that one too for about 3 hrs yesterday :-\
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2010, 06:11:13 PM »
Yep I had that one too for about 3 hrs yesterday :-\

Can you let me know when this was? As far as I can see the forum was definitely not off-line for 3 hours yesterday so if some people are experiencing this and others aren't, we'll need to investigate further as the errors do not seem to be affecting all members at the same time.
Jane

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »
It was between 1pm and 3pm ish, hope this helps ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Alfiethecocker

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

4:46pm
                             :blink:

Offline pinkcarys

• Site Member
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »
Hi Stu,

I keep getting chucked out when I'm reading posts. When I click either the back button, or on a link it comes up with the message below.

Thanks,
Carys

Date and time of error
Any error messages that were shown Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
The browser you are using to surf the net (IE6/7 or 8, Firefox, Google Chrome etc) Internet Explorer 7
Were you able to connect to the homepage www.cockersonline.co.uk whilst the forum was unavailable or were they both offline.
No, couldn't get on to COL at all
Any info you can provide is much appreciated.

Stu
(with tech support hat on - but I also make the coffee)

"My aim in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am"

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »
Hi folks

I know the server has tripped over a few times these last couple of weeks, cause yet unknown.
Will keep tinkering (sometimes just the forum goes other times it's been the whole site)

Stu

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »
I couldn't get onto the site a moment ago Resource Limit Reached what's the problem?
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
I couldn't get onto the site a moment ago Resource Limit Reached what's the problem?

I get it quite often too. I think it's just the site being too big and needing more internet space :). It usually gets cleared quite quickly from my experience.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
Hi I have been getting an error message this morning:  500 Resource Limit Reached

Is it me??

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
Hi I have been getting an error message this morning:  500 Resource Limit Reached

Is it me??

no, here too this morning but only briefly  ;)
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »

Is it me??

no, here too this morning but only briefly  ;)

Me too.