Author Topic: How many baths a day can she have??  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
Re: How many baths a day can she have??
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 10:44:10 PM »
Eek!! That bath looks like melted chocolate! What your daughter needs is an outside tap for slungeing Jinley down before she comes in. I keep a short hose with a spray attachment on mine for muddy days, and one of those fibre mitts is a boon too.

Jinley is  :luv: :luv: despite the mud...

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 11:06:34 PM »
We hose Bingley down most days! He is a mud lover too.
In fact, one of the reasons we liked our new house was having a downstairs bathroom meant we could bath him easily after walks  :005: he's had 3 hosings in one day before

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »
Deffo competing with Smudge as the 'main mudmagnet' me thinks..........and winning  :lol:

Not sure how I would cope with all that mud - luckily his lordship does not get so mucky these days - he even walks round muddy puddles
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »
 :005: :005: :005:

thankfully my prim and proper boy doesn'tlike getting his feet wet or going anywhere near the mud :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline dawn

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
henry's not that keen on mud either! are you anywhere near the coast? less mud there, but lots of water though............. :lol2:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 07:28:45 AM »
Dirty Girl! :luv:

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 07:34:56 AM »
Oh Jinely! You always look so pretty but I guess you're a real mud monster at heart! :005:

Wow 3 baths in one day! I've only ever given my lot 1 in a day but if they get that muddy again they get a real good rub dry with a towel, banished to the kitchen for a while (otherwise the whole house would be a mud bath!) and then a good brush. Doesn't get rid of some of the NASTY stuff Chip rolls in though!

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:03 AM »
I would be very surprised if she actually came out clean if she is sitting in that water. :005:  You might be better showering her.  I always shower Alfie, he hates baths, I can't get him to stand still in a bath.  Gave up that job when he was a puppy, I put him in the shower cubicle, then I strip down my bottom half to my knickers and get in and fortunately we have not got a fixed head shower.  It's great because he can't get out.  I then get out first, get redressed while he sits looking forlornly through the glass at me and then get him out.  Takes a few minutes.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
Me thinks its time Pat that you invested in a wet suit for Jinley  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline dianna1

• http://picasaweb.google.com/sosNron
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
My 4 all like going in the river so I sometimes have the wet hounds twice a day. 
When I have to shower them after the muddy fields,  I try and choose an afternoon walk that will be mud free. I do take them by car to different locations to make life easier for me and hopefully more interesting for them.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 02:30:27 PM »
I would be very surprised if she actually came out clean if she is sitting in that water. :005:  You might be better showering her.  I always shower Alfie, he hates baths, I can't get him to stand still in a bath.  Gave up that job when he was a puppy, I put him in the shower cubicle, then I strip down my bottom half to my knickers and get in and fortunately we have not got a fixed head shower.  It's great because he can't get out.  I then get out first, get redressed while he sits looking forlornly through the glass at me and then get him out.  Takes a few minutes.
Sounds like me (getting half undressed!) - except we have a shower attachment over the bath, so I get in to the empty bath with the mucky puppy. I don't ever fill the bath, just use the nice shower nozzle with warm water to rinse off the endless stream of mud that comes from Henry's paws. Shampoo doesn't get used much. He seems to be getting used to it. he even put his front paws up on the side of the bath today while I was showering, so maybe he actually likes it (hubby sometimes feeds him kibble, which may be the reason!).

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
Unfortunately we dont yet have the luxury of shower fitments etc!  My daughter lives in a very old (1600) 2 up 2 down, which they have just put a planning application in to double the size of it.  One thing that I will make sure is included after this weeks house sitting experience is a shower tray in the boot room with a shower head located a couple of feet off the floor!  At the moment you have to stand in about 6" of mud to get to the outside tap although yesterday she did go into the horse trough before coming into the house - almost like a pre-wash  :005: :005:

Pat

Offline Correze

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »
Regarding bathing muddy dogs, if its any help, (I have Clumbers so there is twice the mud), when mine come back from a walk in that state,  they get a good rub over with towels, and stay in the warm kitchen with lots of towels on the floor, when they are dry, a brush over and they are sparkly white again, the towels go in the machine. and the sofa is fair game again! i found bathing every time soaked their coats right through and they took hours to dry.  they only get a bath before a show, and then its a full on evening of preening and pampering. I use Coatex Aloe and Oatmeal Shampoo, no nasties in it and leaves a super silky coat. (Love yr photo.)