Author Topic: Naughty Riley!  (Read 2340 times)

Offline RupertandBertiesmum

Re: Naughty Riley!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 10:27:43 AM »
I do sympathise.  It does get easier.  We have had Rupert for 9 years and he was such a naughty puppy and until we had Bertie who is 8 months old I called him my naughty little puppy.  Rupert is calm and wonderful temperament. He is my 7 year old grandson's best friend.  Last night he lay on my lap and I looked at his grey ears and greying face and grey around his eyes and realised all he has given me.  So much more than I ever knew.

Bertie on the other hand may be a good playmate for your Riley. He is a fabulous puppy who we love too bits - his bad habits are only 2,digging holes in the garden (I could live with that) and eating the carpet. So far we have replaced our lounge carpet, hall stairs and landing, one bedroom and we are just about to replace our bedroom carpet.  We are really careful about not leaving him anywhere but he can carpet eat in about 1 minute just a little hole - he will pull all the fibre about. He is very quick.

However I am hoping he grows out of this quickly and we won't part with him for the world. He is cuddly and calm most of the time.

Good Luck it does get better
Gill :D

Offline Koslg

• Donator
Re: Naughty Riley!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 08:24:02 PM »
Hi
When Humbug was a pup we had nap times in the day. Sometimes we had to just cuddle him and say n-nights. He hated them at the beginning but gave in after a while. It helped him calm down.

Can you get him into scent work to use his mind and exhaust him?