Author Topic: How much nature diet.  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
How much nature diet.
« on: August 30, 2016, 02:10:49 PM »
I currently feed Archie wainwrights wet trays and as you know he has to have only fish due to his colitis. After his recent anal gland issue I was considering a change to nature diet as it contains bone and I though that might help. I just had a look on the website and it looks very reasonable. It contains rice instead of potato which isn't ideal, but would probably be Ok. However, when I looked at the feeding guide it would work out that he would have 3 and a third packets a day!  :o On his current food he has two thirds of a packet a day. That is quite a bit less than the recommended amount but he is prone to being portly  :shades: and is not a very active dog. I guess if I changed it would need some trial and error to work out the correct amount but do you really need to feed that much more nature diet?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: How much nature diet.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »
My two are raw fed, but have Nature Diet when I forget to take their raw food from the freezer. I feed the same amount of Nature Diet as I do raw, which is 150g per meal twice a day, so just under a tray each per day. My two are 12 and 7 and fairly active and William is prone to putting weight on, so probably not too different to Archie really.

Why not try Archie on 2/3 a pack a day, same as the Wainwrights?

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 05:04:11 PM »
Harvey is fed Nature diet, he has 1 tray a day divided into 2 meals.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 06:55:29 PM »
All mine are fed Naturediet, Minstrel and Branston have lamb & rice, they have approx 200grams 3 times per day (equiv. to 1.5 trays each), which along with various biscuit treats during the day they seem to do well on. I know the feeding guide for the fish one is quite a lot more, and can only imagine it is because fish itself is quite light.

I expect you saw my reply on the other thread about them bringing out some grain-free food and also some dry, but it seems very much a wait and see thing, in regard to what and when will definitely be available.

Why not go on their Facebook page and send them a private message, saying you have heard rumours about new lines and see what they come up with?

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »
If you do decide to go with Nature Diet, I found that Berriewood were the best price wise.
https://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/Naturediet_Dog_Food/c27034/