Author Topic: Please help me i'm so embarrassed  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Please help me i'm so embarrassed
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 12:24:47 AM »
I'm starting to regret letting Morgan lick my face when I was down with you the other week Sam ph34r ph34r :lol2: :P
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 06:22:19 AM »
Can i just say it's pointless renting a stable or piece of ground he will do recall when on his own! he will even do it at dog training classes with 40 other dogs in a barn with him .  but not when we are out for a walk i just don't understand why ! i have tried long line work as thats what Ollie's trainer said to do but it doesn't work not for Ollie we have tried rewards and even though Ollie likes his food he just ignores it when out ... my trainer said to use tripe they love it he will come back to you ! no he didn't .....

Apologies, I was not clear - I didn't mean use the paddock for training, exactly the opposite!  If you can use some secure space to let him run free without having to worry about him coming back, or recalling him, then he will be better exercised, which will help with his weight, and also help to tire him out which will make training in other situations easier  ;)

It took me a year of long-line training to break Molo's habit/desire to run after other dogs; although he would come back sometimes, a genuinely reliable recall was a lot harder to train ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »
it sounds like you have a nice big garden for him to run about in so its not too bad, at least you know your not the only one with a poop eating dog, which at least made me feel better at the time  :005:, the only thing i can suggest is do what others have said and set up a few bait poops with tabasco on them, a few times of grabbing them might put him off, but their noses are so good i expect he will very quickly catch on,i think trainig collars are a waste of time IMHO . try  not to get too worried over him doing it , its not nice, but weve all survived with our poop eating doggies  :D ;)
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »
My german shepherd dog Anuska used to eat poo and I never got her out of the habit, however she lived to a ripe old age so although disgusting it obviously did her no harm. I used to try and pick it up ASAP but they can be very sneaky!!!
Now I have Bella who likes to paddle in muddy puddles have a wee in it then drink the muddy water - oh so lovely. Never known a dog to do that before.
Its part of dog ownership they do disgusting things that churn our stomachs. :005:
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline ollie1

• look at me !
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 03:19:20 PM »
Thanks everyone can i say Ollie has had a change of dog food and so has my other dog ... they are now on Harrington's dry food i have put Ollie from 75g morning and 75g evening to now 100g mornings 50g dinner and 100g evening this has made him fuller and he's stopped eatting poo it's been two days now and all is fine my vet has told me if he's still hungry add water to the dry food as it should make him fuller i don't really mind about his weight i will just have to take him out more . Also my uncle i don't really see phoned me the other day and i explained about Ollie's recall he owns racing grayhounds he's told me of a really good place where no one goes with a forrest and lake he goes fishing and told me it's really safe and he never See's anyone so me and the two dogs are going there today it's a 8 mile drive there but I'm sure Ollie will like it .

"The soul can have no rainbows, unless the eyes have shed some tears!"

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »

Sounds great!!!  :D
Hope he manages to keep off the weight he lost...  :D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »
Good for you, hope you have a fab time.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!