Author Topic: Whinging  (Read 558 times)

Offline ziglu

Whinging
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:55:21 AM »
Hello all, I have a cocker who is almost three and since we got her she whinges whilst in the car. we thought she might eventually grow out of it but if anything it seems to have got worse. The noise she makes is similar to a chimp. I have learnt to switch off but it annoys other people in the car especially after many miles. We have tried giving her chewing sticks and even her favorite treats but it makes no difference. Any ideas...........Thanks

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: Whinging
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »
Nina makes lots of noise in the car, caused by excitement/anticipation about going for her walks....if we are doing a long journey with her, we have found that by stopping a couple of minute's into the journey & letting her out for a very quick min's walk this stop's her  :shades: 
Then we can carry on the journey in peace  :angel: :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline ziglu

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:48:50 AM »
It definitely sounds like excitement with Lulu because when I put my walking shoes on and a certain coat she starts. But she still does it after an hours walk for about 20 mins before settling down.   

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:50:18 PM »
Bingley does this too. Interestingly, he settles completely if we are travelling at speed (on a motor way or something) but really starts to make himself heard if we are driving slowly. I often wonder if he equates going slower to 'oh gee i'm about to get out for a walk!!', who knows.

He has a chew in the car but rarely does anything with it TBH. Ignoring him completely is the only thing that does any good!

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."