Author Topic: urgent , help for tonight! update  (Read 773 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
urgent , help for tonight! update
« on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:25 AM »
we have been  on holiday on the gower since saturday. Pepper having wonderful days but nights are terrible, he is in his usual cage in living room here but howls all night. is not allowed in our bedroom and does not sleep with us at home.  have tried shushing him, and ignoring him. when i came in at quarter to six he was absolutely frantic to see me . did not need to go to toliet. we are in a bungalow, not far at all from him. all so tired....any suggestions.

thanks for all the help, we moved his cage where he could see us...slept all night!!!!

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
Re: urgent , help for tonight!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
We had this problem with Darcy and to be honest through sheer exhaustion we ended up letting him in the bedroom ph34r not on the bed.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
I agree I would move his crate into your bedroom, on holiday we always let our boys sleep in with us they don't settle at all if we don't - even in places that say dogs only in certain rooms.
I can't see that it does any harm in a dog friendly property, no one is likely to book it if they have allergies - so dogs in one more room can't make a difference in that way.   We are always very very careful to ensure we leave somewhere spotless so there can be no complaints, in fact I think dog owners tend to leave rental places cleaner than most as we always worry about leaving any hairs or mud anywhere  ph34r 

Hope you get some sleep tonight and enjoy the rest of your holiday    :D

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »
thanks for  replies and being so understanding x

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 01:30:08 PM »
when we have been on holiday with the dogs i have always taken our own bedding because i know the dogs will be on the bed.but like Bens mum says, i think we do take more care over how we leave the accommodation.  I have been in some very crumby places for holidays without the dogs where you have to clean the place before even unpacking
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »
I think, purely as a holiday treat  ;), that Pepper would appreciate being as close to you as possible at night.

You're in a beautiful bit of the country so I hope he gets his beauty sleep and allows you all to enjoy your holiday to the full.

Bob.