Author Topic: Advice re other dogs' aggression to our cocker  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Gazrob

Re: Advice re other dogs' aggression to our cocker
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2019, 12:40:43 PM »
Barry H i know it wasn't a joke. I have been having a look at them online. I know I need to do something. My whistle works sometimes but not always.

Offline Woolwitch

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 01:39:59 PM »
Gazrob, sorry to hear this - that's outrageous that someone hit your dog with his walking stick. We seem to be having aggressive dog encounters more frequently at the moment, and I wonder if it's because the daylight hours are shorter so there are more dogs around in the available daylight. Super stressful, and a huge shame as walking the dog is one of life's real pleasures.

Offline Gazrob

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2019, 11:08:31 PM »
yeah it's super frustrating but I guess we just have to manage it as best we can. I've noticed in my neighbourhood that some of the most dangerous dogs that we have encountered tend to be out at certain times of the day and normally in the same places so I'm trying to take him elsewhere. I've slowly been looking for alternative places a little bit away from where I live. But it's not always practical. I've just got to be vigilant. I could probably avoid a lot of issues if I just walk him around the streets and not take him to the fields but he needs a lot of exercise.