Author Topic: why has rolo started peeing on my daughters bed? HELP!  (Read 1832 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
why has rolo started peeing on my daughters bed? HELP!
« on: March 21, 2007, 12:12:53 PM »
Hes done it twice. Both times on the duvet. Ive had to throw them away ( too big to wash in machine) well I got the smell of pee in her room today and on inspection hed done it again. I know its him as his urine has a boy smell if you know what I mean.
 My daughter is only home now and again (luckily for her). He is perfectly clean in the house so this seems to be behavioural. I know about males marking territory but why her bed? I never catch him in the act and her door is usually closed . Shes not been at home either when hes done it. I think he sneaked in when I was having my bath. Im planning covering the bed in tinfoil as that might put him off jumping up on it.. A good nudge and the door opens and rolo can fairly nudge a door open. my dogs have the run of the house normally and my stairs are too awkward for a gate ( which he could easily jump anyway)
 any tips advice or information gratefully recieved. Hes 2 will be 3 in june is entire and has 2 spayed bitches living with him.

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
Re: why has rolo started peeing on my daughters bed? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 12:20:37 PM »
They never cease to amaze us do they?! :005: :005: :005:

Sorry, Jean, I can't give you any advice as I've haven't been down that road - yet.

I like the idea of the tinfoil! :lol:
"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:40:26 PM »
No ideas really Jean - you don't have cats do you? If they sleep on the bed it might make him mark it. I'll be interested in responses to this though as Alfie has peed on my sofa a couple of times recently. In fact the cover for one of the cushions is drying on the radiator just now as he did it on Sunday when I nipped out to Tesco  >:(  He, too, only does it when I'm not there and I know it's him as well from the smell. This is the third time he's done it now and it's a bit odd, not to mention annoying! Thank god the throw I have on the sofa has a waterproof backing so the damage is never too bad but I'd still rather he didn't do it!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »
I don't know either but Barney pees on the hall carpet but only when I'm out. Yet if he is closed in the kitchen when i am out he never pees there. I think it is a behavioural thing with him but it's hard to understand.  :-\ I was away for 5 days recently and he peed the first day I was gone then not again!  :huh:
Maybe it is to do with the fact that she doesn't use the bed very often- perhaps he is unsure that she's part of the family and that's why he feels the need to mark her bed?  :-\

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 05:40:08 PM »
no cats but there is a boyfriend!!
 but he wasn't up last time in the new duvet so why piddle there? ( if its a male thing!)
 I honestly think its behavioral as he is never alone in the house. I take him everywhere apart from work and he goes to his purpose built run. when we visit other houses he has asked to go out . I wonder if , in his walnut that passes for a brain he sees me as an equal and Jen as the underdog and so pees on her bed to assert his authority?? he lies in the hall in the evenings watching us the back door and the front door access. If I shut the sitting room door he hates it and wants in. he prefers to spy on us all  and watch for danger..In rolos mind he is a comic book superhero with amazing powers I'm sure.. he certainly is confident and struts his stuff.
he does respect liath and pepper and wont go near their food so he does have a few manners. just not where jens bed is concerned.

Penel

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
For an instant preventative cure - get one of those little hooky / eye things from hardware store - and just hook the door shut from the outside  ;) then a good shove won't open it ! :D

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »
good idea. however I still dont know WHY he is doing it and what caused him to start. jens bf is longstanding and he and jen dote on the boy. however its pepper that jen sneaks up to her bed when shes at home. could it be that? but its weeks since she was home.
 well he will just have to go into his crate when Im in the bath. he is at my side now and at all times around me so It seems to be just when he cannot actually see me. he wouldnt dream of going upstairs on his own. I suspect thats cos he likes to know what Im doing all the time and hates to be left out.

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 09:20:20 PM »
Bailey peed on our bed once we we bought a new blanket...new smells maybe.  He's never done it since.
Bailey and Mom

Offline kate.s

• Site Member
    • Ghost Tours UK
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »
Sam wees on mine from time to time, have never got to the bottom of it  :-\
Love Kate and Sam xxx

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 10:29:16 PM »
Yes, I had to get a hook and eye for my bedroom as the door didn't shut properly and Kali piddled twice on the duvet.  Once on the bed and again when it was on the floor for sheet changing :-\
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 10:34:07 PM »
Did you tell him about Mother's Day :005: ;) Maybe he is getting his own back for you!!! :005: ;)

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »
Have you had him checked by a vet?

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 05:19:46 PM »
hes been recently for his annual mot and he was in "rude health". ph34r
 I was wondering if he had a uti but he isnt urinating more than normal urine is clear and not any smellier than his normal boy pee ( the girls dont have the same strong pee smell) hes not unwell and doesnt have a temperature, or any discharge. Also its only jens bed hes piddled on and the incidents are 6 weeks apart.

If it happens again I will be taking him to the vets as Im getting a bit Peed off myself ( excuse the pun)  for having to buy new duvets.
Did you tell him about Mother's Day   Maybe he is getting his own back for you!!!
Maybe! :005: