Author Topic: She was so frightened  (Read 1315 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
She was so frightened
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:59:27 AM »
Normally when people come to our house Molly barks until they come through the door then jumps up and tries to play with them but today was VERY different!

The surveyor came to look around the house and to do a valuation and as soon as he stepped in to the living room Molly went mad she wouldn't go anywhere near him, backing herself into a corner and barking non stop!  :o In the end i had to put her in the yard and then when he needed to go there i had to put her collar & lead on to keep her under control.

I'm pretty upset actually......... I have no idea why she did this, anyone got any thoughts?

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: She was so frightened
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 10:04:53 AM »
He was probably different in some way to people she normally meets when they visit. Different build, voice, clothes, hat, beard, shoes, glasses -that sort of thing.  Was he carrying something unusual to her like a clipboard or briefcase? Perhaps his demeanour was unusual to her or your reaction to him was different.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:08:15 AM »
Well my OH did come down stairs after talking with the man and said "he's a right weirdo!!" He was wearing a suit and he was carrying a clipboard! hmmmmm i wonder why this was so scary for her?

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »
Well, there's your answer  :blink: .  Perhaps she hasn't met many besuited clip board carrying men in (or out of) your home. Or she could have picked up on your/your OHs reactions. Dogs, like people don't fall in love with every human(or dog)they meet and are generally more wary about new/strange things the older they get.
happydog

Offline Dragon

• Site Member
  • Woofas
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »
He was probably different in some way to people she normally meets when they visit. Different build, voice, clothes, hat, beard, shoes, glasses -that sort of thing.  Was he carrying something unusual to her like a clipboard or briefcase? Perhaps his demeanour was unusual to her or your reaction to him was different.

Ditto, plus it is her house. I wouldn't worry if this is the first time she has reacted this way.
Cooper x Sasha x George x

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »
Thanks for your replies ;)

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 12:47:06 PM »
Well my OH did come down stairs after talking with the man and said "he's a right weirdo!!"
Ah she was just on 'weirdo alert'. Protecting Mummy and Daddy from strange and deidedly dodgy characters  ;)  :005:
happydog

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much, something obviously upset her about this man (may well have been the clip board!). Our Pyrenees has no problem at all with people coming into our house (as long as they are invited), he says hello and then goes and lies down. But just once a couple of years ago, he would bark at that one visitor and didn't stop, and wouldn't go near him either... He has never done it since and never before!

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk