Author Topic: Huge fight  (Read 19505 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Re: Huge fight
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »
I too hope the castration has the desired effect, but I'm going to stick my neck out now.

I have to agree with Dessie, sometimes finding another home is the only answer. I did it for Georgia and Otis, if I hadn't I would have had let them live a life of misery.
It absolutely broke my heart to let them go but Georgie never looked back (quite literally) from the day she went, and Otis is in his element being an only dog, I know this as I do a 50 mile round trip every 6 weeks to go and trim him.

Contrary to what some people say, I believe letting a dog(s) go is not failing or giving up, and as hard as it is, is the most selfless act you can do when things aren't going right.

Thanks for your reply and support Michele.  I know what you went through with Otis and how much it broke your heart to let him go.

I have to say and this is my personal opinion here that we are the ones that think we can't possibly cope with letting one of our beloved dogs go to another home and that the dog will not cope without us, but in fact it is quite the opposite.  I found with my situation as soon as Bart left the household was a totally different place.  Sebastian was more relaxed and so was Douglas and of course I was I wasn't on tender hooks all the time waiting for the next fight to happen.  I have never been round to see Bart since he left and that will be 2 years in December.  I know from friends that he has settled in perfectly and is a very happy.

And as Michele has quite rightly said we have not failed or become a bad owner because our dogs take a dislike to each other ... every dog is different most of them like to have other doggie company but some which I think Bart is preferred not to share his owner with anybody.

Dessie

Thankyou  both for having the courage not only to do that but to post your stories on here.

Caroline and Alfie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2007, 07:02:06 PM »
I have'nt had experience of this situation ...and hope I never do  :'( but I think those of you who have to face this awful situation are soooo brave to even consider re-homing your dogs.  It must be a totallly heartbreaking thing to do sacrificing your love for that of your special friends happiness  :'( I admire you greatly (((hug))).

Thinking of you Gill and hoping for the best x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2007, 07:52:33 PM »
I have nothing to add, just that I have been thinking of you, and i keep reading this post in the hope there may be some good news soon.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2007, 06:51:46 AM »
thinking of you .. :luv:

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2007, 11:05:42 AM »
I think you are really brave to try and work through this...dont think i would have the strength to deal with the situation as you have
it must be so upsetting and unsettling for everyone
i hope things work out  :luv:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2007, 01:21:26 PM »
How's it going Gill, hope the op went ok and that things have settled down for you. :003:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2007, 01:59:15 PM »
I hope the op went ok Gill and Aspen isn't feeling too sore  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »
Op went fine thanks. He bounced out of the vets like Tigger on speed and hasn't slowed down since lol. The discharging nurse said that the pre-med didn't touch him either  :005: Hes been very good and isn't bothering with his stitches so have spared him the indignity of the mikki hygeine pants for the time being.

As for the fighting, I know that it may come down to rehoming one of them but I couldn't do that without trying absolutely everything. There had been no fights since Friday evening and even then that one was just a small one. Woke up this morning and the two of them were cuddled up together on the bed - something that hasn't happened in the past two weeks. Filled me with hope and then the two of them went at it hammer and tongs  ::) They have been fine again the past couple of hours and are sat next to each other - again, something that wouldn't have happened last week. So all in all, I guess things are a bit better but still slightly tense! Luckily I'm going blonde - you shouldn't be able to see the grey hairs so easily then  :lol:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2007, 02:32:21 PM »
Really hope that these are good signs...
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2007, 02:36:20 PM »
Will keep everything crossed for you.
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »
Really hope it all works out - I think it can take a good few weeks for the testosterone levels to drop after castration, it's bound to be a very tense time for you. Fingers crossed....  :luv:
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2007, 03:29:18 PM »
As for the fighting, I know that it may come down to rehoming one of them but I couldn't do that without trying absolutely everything.

Of course not!

Hopefully things are taking tiny steps in the right direction.  :shades:

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »
As for the fighting, I know that it may come down to rehoming one of them but I couldn't do that without trying absolutely everything.

We all know that gill hun  :-* :-*

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2007, 04:52:23 PM »
Glad the op went well Gill (((hug))) ..fingers and paws crossed here that this will resolve the situation x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2007, 07:24:09 AM »
Op went fine thanks. He bounced out of the vets like Tigger on speed and hasn't slowed down since lol. The discharging nurse said that the pre-med didn't touch him either  :005: Hes been very good and isn't bothering with his stitches so have spared him the indignity of the mikki hygeine pants for the time being.

As for the fighting, I know that it may come down to rehoming one of them but I couldn't do that without trying absolutely everything. There had been no fights since Friday evening and even then that one was just a small one. Woke up this morning and the two of them were cuddled up together on the bed - something that hasn't happened in the past two weeks. Filled me with hope and then the two of them went at it hammer and tongs  ::) They have been fine again the past couple of hours and are sat next to each other - again, something that wouldn't have happened last week. So all in all, I guess things are a bit better but still slightly tense! Luckily I'm going blonde - you shouldn't be able to see the grey hairs so easily then  :lol:

Pleased to hear that the op went well Gill.  Everything crossed that this sorts out the problem for you.

Dessie
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands