Author Topic: Honey Vs Babygate & Molly howling! (contains video)  (Read 1190 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Honey Vs Babygate & Molly howling! (contains video)
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:35:14 PM »
Didnt know whether to put this in this section or Videos, so please move if needed Mods! Although I would like some help on their issues though  ;)

Some of you may remember a thread I started a couple of weeks ago about Honey jumping over the babygate SEE HERE

Well, she has been doing it everytime I leave her now so decided to set up the video camera to see exactly how she does it - I strapped the video camera to the bannister with my kids belts and my scarfs  :005:

Please note that the video was recorded off my mobile while I played it on my TV as I dont have the cables for the Camcorder/Computer

Here goes....

(also contains barking and squealing!!!!  :o ph34r)

Little  >:D

Anyway while the camera was rolling I discovered that Molly howls  ph34r

I have no idea how to deal with this as obviously she does it when i'm not there......

Here's the video

How can I solve this?

I'm getting really worried that my neighbours are beginning to hate me!  :-\ :'(

Do you think I should just bite the bullet and let them have the run of the hallway too?

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
Re: Honey Vs Babygate & Molly howling! (contains video)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
love the 'jumper' vid, she's so crafty!!  :lol2:
Re- howling wilson is a big howler and its mostly when I am not there or in the garden and he's inside and vice versa, my dogs have free roam of the whole house so this is obviously not the issue with wilson I think its a seperation thing but I may be wrong.
I haven't even considered trying to stop him its not that loud and I am not there to hear it all the time but am told it stops after a few minutes.

Love your dogs tho, they are gorg  :luv:
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 05:01:48 PM »
OMG- she is mad :005: i think sam would get over mine with a run up(luckily there's no room.) :005:

try lifting the babygate higher. mine's about 4/5 inches off the floor. easy to do if it's a pressure one.

is molly howling because honey is over the other side of the gate?? :-\

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 05:05:56 PM »
When we were out on Saturday afternoon we lifted it about 4" off the floor and she still got over it!!!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 05:08:50 PM »
No advice, but I know quite a few cockers that can scale baby gates, thankfully neither of mine do!

Do you think Molly was howling because she was left alone in the kitchen when Honey does the great escape? ?

Oh snap, just seen that Sammy said the same thing.

The gate is pretty pointless if she is just going to jump it  :-\ :-\ and I'm not sure how you can stop her doing that if you aren't there!!

Offline Billybang

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »
Hi, firstly get rid of the baby gate, as it is absolutely useless.  :D

And then go to Argos and get a proper dog gate, approx £24 much, much higher and obviously, made for dogs. ;)

Molly seems to start Honey off with the howling and barking so a copied trait.  She probably would not do it if Molly did not, so I think the trick is to get Molly occupied, do you leave her a Kong, or a knuckle bone to keep her busy when you go out?

Hopefully this behaviour as already said only lasts 5-10 mins, (hopefully) great video amazing what our animals get upto when we are not around. :luv:

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »
The baby gate is there really to keep our children out of the kitchen - was just useful for the dogs aswell!!  ;)

The video I had lasted 33 minutes with no relent from either dog!! The camcorder ran out of tape and I was out of the house for 1 hour so I have no idea how long the girls were barking for!

We are taking the gate down tonight so Honey doesnt hurt herself and are going to Argos at the weekend.

Thanks!!

My Girls - Molly & Honey